The Shooting Range forum.
This forum mainly discusses FPS games. Non-FPS Shooters eg. Third-Person and Plan-View Shooters are also discussed here. Enjoy!
Welcome to TOG's public 'Shooter Games: The Range' forum!
For those that don't know, FPS stands for First Person Shooter. This gaming genre involves a character being played in a first person perspective which means the game is played from the visual perspective of that character. The FPSs world is quite diverse. Styles vary from 1v1 deathmatch to classed team based shooters where game objectives have the highest priority. Some FPS games also incorperate vehicular combat.
A big part of this genre is the modding community. This is where parts of or sometimes close to all parts of a game are modified. Examples are mods that alter bullet damage, appearance of players, server options, and even total conversions of games.
- wiki article on mods -
Screenshots are from Wolfenstein 3D [early 90s] & Return to Castle Wolfenstein 
This forum is for public discussions of any and all FPS games, whether they have a TOG division established or not. When posting content related to a specific game, please post the game acronym (if it exists) into the subject heading.
some acronym examples:
[BFV] Battlefield Vietnam
[ET] Enemy Territory
[FC2] Far Cry 2
[Q4] Quake 4
thread heading example
[ET] update released - v2.60b
// SOME USEFUL TOG LINKS
• The Older Gamers | Frontpage - visit regularly for reviews, feature articles, news and more, note the 'tab' selections!
• TOG public forum | The Barracks - for information on how to join TOG!
• TOG main contact list - admins - mods - division captains and more
• TOG server information
// FRONTPAGE FPS ARTICLES
• TOG Feature | Team Fortress 2 goes Free-to-Play
• TOG Feature | The Power of Achievements
• TOG Feature | Battlefield 3 - out in 2011
• TOG Feature | Interview with a Horse (BF2142)
• TOG Feature | Fallout New Vegas: A Fistful of Bottle Caps
• TOG Review | Monday Night Combat
• TOG Review | Left 4 Dead 2
• TOG Review | Call of Duty Modern Warfare series - How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
• TOG Feature | Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - The Starting of Something New
• TOG Review | Call of Duty: World at War
• TOG Review | Mirror’s Edge
• TOG Review | Combat Arms
• TOG Feature | Left 4 Dead
• TOG Feature | Battlefield 2 Project Reality Mod
• TOG Feature | Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
• TOG Feature | Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
• TOG Review | Serious Sam Replay
• TOG Preview | Battlefield 2142
• TOG Feature | Unreal 3; Keeping it simple
• TOG Feature | War Rock set for release
// OTHER TOG PUBLIC GAMING FORUMS
• TOG public forum | MMORPG Games: The Realms
• TOG public forum | Strategy, RPG and Other Games
• TOG public forum | Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!
• TOG public forum | Console Talk
Still don't know where to start?
:arrow: Click - HERE - and tell us what singleplayer FPSs you've been impressed with :-)
:arrow: Click - HERE - and tell us how long should a FPS story should be? :-)
:arrow: Click - HERE - to tell us what old FPSs you have been playing recently :-)
:arrow: Click - HERE - and tell us what YOU want in FPS multiplay :-)
:arrow: Click - HERE - What up-and-coming games would you like to see Question & Answer articles for at TOG, and what would you like to ask them? :-)
:arrow: Click - HERE - [POLL] What key do you use to show scores/points? :-)
:arrow: Click - HERE - for a Free FPS/Shooter list! :-)
Would you like to be involved in testing some FPS games, mods and custom maps?
Click - HERE - for information.
Utilise the search function first before you post as it may be better to add to another thread rather than creating a new one :)
|All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:06 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0