Very short demo for a 1.8gig download............different from the original FEAR,with the fact you have a 'visor screen' hud.
Weapons seem quite good,sniper rifle rocks,I'm in two minds about the 'mech warrior',its fun to play but until I see the whole story line and how it fits in?????
The best part is its scary......aaaaggggghhhhhhhhh
... its fun to play but until I see the whole story line and how it fits in?????
This will answer that for you
Here's some of my thoughts after playing the demo.
• it's what demos should be like ie. gives you a taste of the style and feel of the game and provides you with the majority of weapons used in the full release and leaves you wanting more
• run well on my system with high settings selected
4GB GeIL PC6400
1680 x 1050
full max details
• felt and even looked a bit like TimeShift
• has the usual assortment of FPS items: sniper rifle, various submachine guns, shotgun, rocket launcher, various grenades
• same AI as the original
• Nail Gun looks to be replaced by a Laser Gun (The 1.7 kW Shark FL-3 Laser)
// THINGS I LIKED
• story follows on well
• even the menu provided atmosphere
• has sprint
• good sensitivity balance between toggle aim-down-site
• slow-mo effects are even better than the original game
• weapons and grenades feel good
• the 'Elite Powered Armor' is easy to use
// THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE
• they removed lean ?!?
• don't like the new visor-hud
• no new ways to be scared
In my opinion play the demo without the subtitles for greater immersion.
I liked the demo but it didn't give me anything new that I wanted (except for sprint function). The main negative is the fact they removed the lean function after having it in their earlier titles. This would reduce the multi-play fun for me and it's part of the reason I won't be buying FEAR 2. The scaring was also quite predictable after playing the original. If you have played the first FEAR I don't think it will be as intense as your first experience BUT... if you've never played a FEAR game I highly recommend buying FEAR 2 as I'm sure it will give you one hell of a ride!
Yep picked up my copy today from JB Hi-Fi ($69 instead of RRP $89), Loaded it up but haven't played it yet (Had to go to work)
It connects into your STEAM account so won't be PB protected (Like the origanal F.E.A.R) but VAC (From what I've read)
Another good thing with STEAM is that it should Auto Patch