Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th February 2009, 10:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 15

Movie Battles II (perhaps my favorite fps ever), BF 1942, Dues Ex and the original Unreal.
Cadmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st March 2009, 11:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
I played a bit of Soldier of Fortune yesterday, just the subway level. Pretty good fun shooting off limbs and such.
I think you mean Soldier of Fortune 2 and the Subway Station Complex map.
An excellent map that one. A favourite for many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Redneck Rampage? The speech bits were vulgar funny.
I hadn't heard of this one before, sounds interesting

Redneck Rampage series | Interplay
Gamefest: Redneck Classics | MobyGames
Redneck Rampage shareware free download- FreeFunFiles.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadmon View Post
Movie Battles II (perhaps my favorite fps ever).
Movie Battles II is a Total Conversion mod for Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
This mod is still active. A server-side patch was released last month (Feb-09)

Is it all in third-person or is it a mixture between first-third like Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 01:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4426

Mellow

Quake 3 Arena via Quake Live Funny to think that a few years back you needed a decent PC to run it, now you just run it in your browser ...

Now if someone could make 1942 in a browser ...
"When you can't imagine how things are going to change, that doesn't mean that nothing will change. It means that things will change in ways that are unimaginable." - Bruce Sterling
Bulgroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 06:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 15

Smile Movie Battles II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Is it all in third-person or is it a mixture between first-third like Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was?
It is pretty much exactly the same as Jedi Outcast gameplay and UI wise although it featured some amazingly fun things that the original games did not. Lightsabers will actually kill you if you get hit by one rather than just taking off a bit of life so that jedi on jedi battles involve skillful play as you block, riposte and attempt to get through your opponents defences rather than just hitting each other until someone falls down. Rather than just being able to play as a jedi who could also use guns there were a number of different classes added so that you could play as a droid, soldier, clone soldier, droideka, battle droid, Bounty hunter and many others that each had their own individual traits.
The class that made it my favorite shooter game of all time though was the mandalorian; playing as a jango fett type of character complete with flamthrower, poison dart guns, jetpack and a diverse range of other weaponry.

I didn't realise it was still running however, thank you very much for the tip (going to download the new patch now).
Cadmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 11:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 598

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoldfart View Post
Now and again i still play BLOOD - good memories

YouTube - Blood PC game intro, last level and ending
Truly great FPS. I loved this game. I have an old machine still running windows 95, and I still play the odd game of Outlaws on it, as well as Syndicate Wars (not an FPS) and Duke Nukem 3D.
Salgurdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 06:52 AM   #26 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 79

Arhh...All time favorite would have to be Medal of Honor Allied Assault..got alot of people playing in the old days then when the mods came out less and less players..Ghost Recon had me hooked a fair while then went back to MOHAA and found it had been altered to much to like it any more shame!!

Bring back the old days and if something is working dont change it!!!!

ENVY
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 09:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 34

i used to play DOOM and Medal of Honour but i loved Socom when it came out.Do you know of a FPS that is just a sniper game (preferable if it is free..lol).
Old 30th March 2009, 07:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravo66 View Post
i used to play DOOM and Medal of Honour but i loved Socom when it came out. Do you know of a FPS that is just a sniper game (preferable if it is free..lol).
If you liked SOCOM, you should like Sniper Elite. It's a first/third person shooter. Sniping gameplay is in first person, whereas movement and use of all other weapons is in third person view. One very cool thing about this game is if you perform a great shot you get rewarded with "Bullet Cam" !!

Sniper Elite | wiki
Sniper Elite Demo | ausgamers.com
Sniper Elite Review for PC | GameSpot
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 34

I have seen this game on You tube looks great but being a indervidual that hates haveing to pay for anything,lol,wondering if this game is free .
Thanks Ned
Old 3rd April 2009, 07:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Sorry, Sniper Elite is not free