Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th February 2009, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Default The Anti-Cheat discussion thread.

Please discuss anything to do with Anti-cheat in FPS games here. Not every game has options for this but many do. We know that none of the various Anti-Cheat setups are perfect and some are buggy at times but let me assure you they're very much worth having.

DO NOT use this thread to spam complaints about the Anti-Cheat variants. We already know they aren't perfect. Bottom line is, without software like Punkbuster and VAC many games would simply be unplayable for clean players. If a complaint is worthy of discusion then yes please post particularly if you're looking for a fix. Also, server admins, feel free to add any questions here (or PM me). I've helped many clients and server admins of the years, mainly AntiTCC for UT2004 and Punkbuster for many game. The overall knowledge base here at TOG is quite strong.

Last edited by Ned; 7th February 2009 at 04:11 PM.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11th February 2009, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

I realize we're talking about PC games here, and I have never used a cheat with a PC game nor do I intend to. But the only way I could advance playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on my son's Xbox 360 was to find a cheat that made me invincible. I got to the place where you're in a bombed-out building protecting VIP 2 and there are bad guys coming at you from all angles. VIP 2 keeps wandering out into the line of fire and getting killed and I couldn't figure out how to give him a command to keep his VIP butt behind the wall. I must have restarted that mission 50 times before I gave up and used a cheat. Of course at that point the game was too easy but considering the number of enemies I had to get by in order to proceed, I don't know how anybody could play GRAW without a cheat. And I had it set on easy! I guess it's my own lack of skill and practice.
Relztrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Hi Relztrah, welcome to the TOG public forums

The 'cheats' you're talking about are also available for PC games. We're specifically talking about multiplayer cheats here. The words are the same but Singleplayer 'cheats' are a different world. Multiplayer cheats go against what the game makers intended. Many game manuals include info on how to use things like God Mode and how to access Developer Mode plus many many more options. All of these are fine (and SAFE!) to use and many players use these as learning tools to progress through games. The game makers know this and many help us by supplying the relevent codes

Just so you know, SINGLEPLAYER CHEAT CODES WILL NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER SERVERS unless the server you're playing on allows this, or the player is using a hack. Developers attempt to prevent this kind of thing in the multiplayer portion of their games for obvious reasons.

Thanks for bringing up singleplayer cheats, I didn't think to mention this.
I hope this clears up the big difference between the two.

cheers
ned

Last edited by Ned; 11th February 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12th February 2009, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Thanks for the clarification. My son plays multiplayer both on the PC and the 360. I find it enough of a challenge just to finish a game in single-player mode and have never been interested in multiplayer. So I'm not familiar with the multiplayer cheats.

I recall using a single-player cheat with Far Cry for the PC. I believe that's where you somehow split the screen and use the ~ character and put in commands, right? I had arrived to the point in the game where you're on that sinking ship and a helicopter is approaching firing at you and you can't blow it out of the air with the shoulder-mounted RPG so you have to jump over the side and swim to shore. Somebody told me that you then hide behind a palm tree on the shore and peek out and fire away at the helicopter and then duck behind the tree again. This was a strategy that I couldn't master so I attempted a cheat.

Well, I totally messed up the game and the video was corrupted from that point forward and that was the last PC cheat I attempted. But I realize this is different from the cheats you're describing.
Relztrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
I recall using a single-player cheat with Far Cry for the PC. I believe that's where you somehow split the screen and use the ~ character and put in commands, right?
Yes. I know a few people who have used the singleplayer cheats for Far Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
So I'm not familiar with the multiplayer cheats.
Please read the warnings regarding multiplayer cheats here - THE ANTI-CHEAT DATABASE -
TOG has a zero tolerance on multiplayer cheating. More details here - link -

As you can see it's a good idea not to get familiar with multiplayer cheats

Last edited by Ned; 12th February 2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

• Full HradBa anti-cheat details are now available.
Follow the link in THE ANTI-CHEAT DATABASE thread.

HradBa is an anti-cheat system developed for the game Vietcong.

Included is:
-HradBa, what is it?
-HradBa readme file, kick codes and false-positives list
-HradBa v206 download
-Behind the Scenes in the Making of HradBa << VERY INTERESTING READ!
-Links to Auscong, United Admins Limited, official game site and Pterodon

Last edited by Ned; 8th June 2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 19th April 2009, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

• After nearly two years of 'cancelled developement time' Anti TCC for Unreal Tournament 2004 is back. Wormbo (Anti TCC's creator) has spent the last few months working on his 2009 version of this excellent Anti-Cheat mod. Development can be followed from his website and discussed over at unrealadmin.org, although feel free to discuss it here or in the TOG Everything Unreal forum.

-Wormbo's Homepage
-Wormbo's Homepage - UT 2004 Downloads | Anti TCC
-Unreal Admins | Forums | Wormbos Area
Old 8th June 2009, 11:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

NovaLogic released Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (2003) & Delta Force: Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre (2004) with no anti-cheat protection, instead relying on community made anti-cheating systems. One such system is called Sigurd which is currently replacing the discontinued 'Argus' Anti-Cheat project.

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down | NovaLogic.com

Delta Force - Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre
[Official Expansion Pack for Delta Force - Black Hawk Down]
Delta Force - Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre | NovaLogic.com

- Sigurd-Project.com
- Sigurd Anti-Cheat Software Infomation

Last edited by Ned; 14th June 2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 15th August 2009, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

ArmA: Armed Assault is a first person tactical military shooter with large elements of realism and simulation. Beta Patches have been released with v1.16+ required to utilise the BattlEye Anti-Cheat software.

ArmA: Armed Assault beta patches can be discussed - here -

Last edited by Ned; 27th December 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 15th August 2009, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25479

Amused

The thing about cheating software, is that if you stop it the cheaters get something else. What you need to do is take the cheaters out the back, rough'em up a little.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote