The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Red Orchestra (2): Heroes of Stalingrad (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/236238-red-orchestra-2-heroes-stalingrad.html)

Ulric 12th May 2009 01:43 PM

Red Orchestra (2): Heroes of Stalingrad

Tripwire have finally provided some information on the project that they have been working on for years. (their project not the Left 4 Dead alternative that they gave a quick brush up on).

Official First Statement on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad - Tripwire Interactive Forums

Magazine article scanned here:
Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad : images, screenshots

It appears from reading that and what little else there is out there that it may be another immersive multi player game but with some good extensions to the current RO multi-player only.

It will have a single player mode that lets you play as Russian or German.
CO-Op mode, plus the normal multi player.

This is the game that I have big big hopes for. If they have managed to take the immersive experience of RO and put it into the Unreal 3 engine with destructible environments.. then there will be a winning game.

Can only but hope.

Nothing else on this apart from the fact its due out sometime in 2010.

Ned 12th May 2009 02:16 PM

I can see the "vital hit damage area" concept causing some rage LOL

The only thing there that I don't like from that article is the persistant stat-tracking. Stat noobs can be more painful than hackers.

Quote:

uniting up to ten players for a no-respawn co-op mission to clear an area of AI squads
Now we're talking! :)

Ulric 12th May 2009 02:30 PM

The first FPS game that got me hooked was Ghost Recon.... it had a great damage system where if you got hit somewhere other than the chest or head (which would normally kill you outright), it caused damage. You either limped or crawled if you were shot on one leg or both, and your aim was effected if you got hit in the arm.

I would love to see this implemented in a current FPS multi player. It would make people value their lives a lot more if they were crippled in action.

Run and gun is fine (I am loving TF2), but there is also a spot for a game that has much more immersion and depth, and makes you think before you run out into the open path of a MG42.

I just hope they get everything right they had with the current game and extend on it without introducing too much garbage.

The current RO has had stats introduced and it has not really effected the game much in a negative manner, but has breathed a bit of fresh air into it.

Stalin 12th May 2009 02:58 PM

I shall keep my eye on it. "Heros of Stalingrad" - awesomely cool title:D:p

Spectre8 12th May 2009 05:24 PM

It's definately you :)

Ned 7th June 2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Ten new shots (honest!) from Tripwire's 2011, Unreal Engine 3-powered Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 follow-up, Red Orchestra: Heroes Of Stalingrad:
SOURCE: New Red Orchestra: Heroes Of Stalingrad Screenshots - Voodoo Extreme

Ulric 10th June 2010 10:00 PM

Oh crap... did you really say 2011?

Ned 5th September 2010 12:45 PM

Sreenshot goodness..
PAX: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Screenshots - Voodoo Extreme

caydn 19th September 2010 01:28 PM

looks good

Drac 23rd September 2010 08:28 AM

The original Ghost Recon and the first 2 Rainbow Six games are still awesome ;)

Good to see someone still making those kind of games, I'm a bit bored of WWII though.