Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th May 2009, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Default Killing Floor

Killing Floor

Hello, has anyone heard of killing floor yet? Its this new FPS game developed by Tripwireinteractive, its become the hot topic around steam!

I also joined a fansite: Killingfloor411.com

Check out Killing Floor when your available.
Madlib is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th May 2009, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

We have quite a few TOGgers playing Killing Floor.

I'm very interested to hear from people who have played this game and Left 4 Dead. How does the co-op play differ if at all? Does the perk system and extra equipment, as opposed to L4D, enhance the gameplay? Or are the games too different to really compare?

Killing Floor on Steam

Killing Floor Tariler.

Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Im not sure, Ive only played the mod, but jello (admin of killingfloor411) said in L4D you need Teammates to help, but in KF you dont need that much help, because the monsters do not leave you handicap.
Madlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

I assure you if you leave your team mates sides in Killing Floor you will be dead pretty quick.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2852

Lurking

In KF any player who likes to wander off on His/Her own is commonly refered to as "Bait"
Because the game is totally Non-linear, You can do as You please.....but on a map the ZEDs spawn points can be in any of 4 different locasions at the same time, and will not nessarily focus on a group of players but the one nearist to them....So if that's You, on your lonesome....Good luck
Also No crosshairs, You want to hit something, You aim, especially on a FF enabled server, There are 6 different skins and 6 different classes. 14 approx weapons to choose from.
The best fun i've had so far was in a game where a player not only managed to annoy one Flesh pound but two(these are big ugly, with both arms replace by hugh metal spiked clubs and have Nuclear reactors in their chest that when it goes red gives them a speed burst and extremely hard to kill) And then decides to run off in the opposite direction from the rest of Us on KF Farm (an RO Map). There is No mini map so other than sound You have NFI where everyone is if You get seperarted
With only Two Zeds left to kill (The 2 annoyed FP chasing this player) We all decided to head towards a Trader, with this FP chased player frantically screaming for Help over Voips, Between Fits of laughter We tried to direct him to our position near the Trader while we readied Up with Our BFGs
finally he appeared running out of the long grass with 10% health, No ammo left and Two Very annoyed FPs in tow, We finally finished the FPs off but none of Us had more than 25% health left after the encounter
Mate I have both games and i enjoy them both...But i must admit I've had a bigger laugh and more intensive gameplay with KF. But that's just My opinion

If You Tolerate This, Then Your Children Will Be Next.
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 02:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

hi everyone, im new in this forum.

im very interested in play Killing Floor... i've passed 5 minits playing in solo, and its boring hehehe. But the game gore is great than L4D...

i have the game installed... but this dont detect any servers... someone can help me???

Ah... and plz invite me to the team in steam plz... mi id is Bardrash

bb
Bardrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 02:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1775

Relaxed

Gday mate, here's a link to the TOG Killing Floor Steam group sign up thread.
http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...p-invites.html
You will need to be 25yrs or older and a full TOG member to access this page though. Cheers.
Old 28th May 2009, 01:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 311

Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman View Post
We all decided to head towards a Trader, with this FP chased player frantically screaming for Help over Voips, Between Fits of laughter We tried to direct him to our position near the Trader while we readied Up with Our BFGs
finally he appeared running out of the long grass with 10% health, No ammo left and Two Very annoyed FPs in tow, We finally finished the FPs off but none of Us had more than 25% health left after the encounter
Sounds very immersive.

What is the pings like for Oceanic?

50ms like TF2 or L4D?

Is it populated?

I'm intrigued about the Trader.

The fountain of youth isn't about age, it's about outlook.
WaXwOrK (BONANZA!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 10:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

KF News, June-09

Killing Floor Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition - Welcome to the Killing Floor Website!

Quote:
“Killing Floor Grindhouse” Custom Map Making Competition with $20,000-worth of prizes.

If you can do, start creating
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25473

Amused
Default Killing Floor Map Making Contest

Hey guys, Keddle another TOG linked me this today, apparently the developers for Killing Floor are offering prizes for the best maps being released over the next few months. Checkout this page, and the linky's at the bottom of it for further details and the competition website url.

Developer puts up $15,000 for Killing Floor map makers | Fidgit

Big round of applause to the developers, doing something to reward the winners with cash ($5000 for the Jul 31st winner, and $10,000 to the one in September) and prizes (nVidia/Logitech gear).

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote