TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:16 AM   #51 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1597

Amused

Its so much better than the beta (apart from the level loading... precaching....).
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd November 2012, 10:43 AM   #52 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 540

Chatty

Yeah that precaching is pretty annoying. Had a good game going last night with TOG Fox and then got debugged, that's an annoyance I thought they would have had fixed by now but doesn't matter, was good
Old 4th November 2012, 03:50 PM   #53 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18189

Breezy

Hay cam, i didnt realise you were a TOG. No one wears tog tags any more.

With the release there are lots of noobs on (in a good way) so anyone showing just an ounce of leadership seems to attract friends quickly. The downside is you can get a noob commander - which is fine, but they dont speak or have a mic and that makes a hard game.

TOG Sponsor $5 a month
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 06:56 PM   #54 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 97

Yeah i really want to try commander but i'm one of those noobs and don't want people yelling at me whilst i'm learning haha so i'll stick to killing everything in sight for the moment.
TOG*Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 08:31 PM   #55 (permalink)

Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Hay cam, i didnt realise you were a TOG. No one wears tog tags any more.
Haha not a full member of TOG just enjoy hanging out around the public forums and keeping up to date with all the going's on while injecting my own view on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
With the release there are lots of noobs on (in a good way) so anyone showing just an ounce of leadership seems to attract friends quickly. The downside is you can get a noob commander - which is fine, but they dont speak or have a mic and that makes a hard game.
Yeah I've had that on several occasions and usually if the commander loses they wont accept that they might have done a bad job but I will put it out there, getting the Stealth hive as aliens is NOT the first hive you should be getting. If you want to practise commander I say go for it, as long as you can talk and build quick you atleast know you did you're part and the blame won't fall as much on you. Practise makes perfect after all.

Another thing I'm not really enjoying about all the new players is as soon as things turn to proverbial shit, they F4 and sit in the ready room waiting for the game to end and say the team lost because of noob players..nah its usually because of people F4ing 4 minutes in because two guys jumped you with machine guns and you didnt have enough time to scuttle away.
Old 4th November 2012, 09:13 PM   #56 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18189

Breezy

Static, you can comm any day when im online. Practice makes perfect and the more togs as comm the better.

I personally make a great builder but im so busy doing that i dont have time directing troops.

TOG Sponsor $5 a month
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 10:29 PM   #57 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4540

Fine

mako and I were on last week for enjoyables.. let's revive that NS2 steam group now that the gates have opened
Old 5th November 2012, 05:05 AM   #58 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2039

Confused

I love this game so much. Took me a little while to get into it, and there are some serious flaws that need fixing but the gameplay is top notch. Love FPS games that are very focused on teamwork rather than the CoD style games that are all about personal K/D ratio.

I had a game where our commander had no experience, just winging it, team was mediocre in terms of skill. Opponents had a commander with a bit of experience and players who were obviously pretty good at FPS games in general.

Our team were vocal on mics, we worked together, followed orders and focused on our objectives. The other team just spread out and tried to get as many kills as they could and they really suffered for it. Ended the game with 8 of our Onos' stomping their shit
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 09:00 AM   #59 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 483

Fine

Purchased

Aldmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 12:25 PM   #60 (permalink)

Chatty

After playing for abit longer and teaming up with my brother ( [CMA] Sythian) I have become fairly competent with my skills, while still not on the level of others I feel better now.

I also can't stress this enough with new alien commanders, if your commanding you can't blame the team for losing when your mid game, they have exo's and we've just gotten leap and our only add on Is camouflage from the shade hive. Numerous times I've been playing and have our commander crack it saying we are a noob team and F4.

If your alien commanding, pick either crag for carapace or shift hive for celerity, these are good starts because they allow you to move quicker and gives you more defence. I usually go crag, shift, shade. Picking up leap on the shift making skulks a real nuisance and pain to hit.