Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th May 2009, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
RJG
Harmless - Post: 16

Post Natural Selection 2

A teaser trailer for the game just got posted on Kotaku and the new blog is up and kicking.

Apparently they built their own engine for the game this time around. No word on a release date yet, but it will be coming to Steam.

Natural Selection 2 Debut Teaser Trailer

Last edited by Ned; 24th March 2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: editted title [COMING SOON]
RJG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th May 2009, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25502

Amused

Its perked my interest to see what it can do, but as always I'd rather see gameplay than cinematics.

I'll admit though, that I did say "Ohshit!" out loud during that cinematic; sometime after the alien burst through the door and I thought what it'd be like waking up to something like that...

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Very Good.

The original Natural Selection was a Mod for Half-Life and was released in 2002
Natural Selection | Official Site

It was dubbed a First Person Strategy-Shooter.

and from the official site in the FAQs..
>>> Natural Selection 2 Promo Site

Quote:
Those that pre-order NS2 will be able to beta-test.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3871

Scared

I preordered as soon as i heard you could, You can kiss my black shiny metal armoured ass

Bikkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Natural Selection 2 News | Oct-30 2009 | NS 7th Anniversary, Progress and first NS2 Screenshots

^^^ Great screenies and an interesting read
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

That was a good read...I cant wait for it to get finished..really looking forward to it
Old 25th November 2009, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Natural Selection 2 Pre-Orders Get an Early Editor - AusGamers.com

Quote:
the devs from Unknown Worlds have today announced that they're releasing the game's editor to all pre-order customers
Quote:
This is a tool we've designed and built from the ground up, melding some of the tried-and-true concepts from level building tools, with some new features we're really excited about.

This is a pre-alpha release of the editor, which means we still have lots of features to add and bugs to fix. Releasing something that is in this stage of development is pretty daunting especially when we know it will be compared to more mature tools that have had many man-years of development but we expect that most of you would rather get an early build than wait for something perfect. So much for "when it's done!"
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Average - Post: 150

apologies for the almighty bumpage but I didn't want to start a new thread for this one. This game has been a long time coming - was just doing some research into it the other day and doesn't seem any closer to release. The community seem to be making good use of the early map dev tools however, some nice stuff appearing on the official forums.

The team seem to be tweeting regularly about certain developments also. Really cant wait for it, the original sucked up so much of my time - loved the strat/fps dynamic.

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Average - Post: 150

The developers have confirmed that any preorders made for this game will definatley now shift over to Steam on the release. This is good news indeed, most of the funding for this project has been largely to do with the pre-orders already made. Think im going to put mine in soon too.

NS2 coming to Steam! news - Natural Selection 2 Game - Mod DB

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 04:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains
Elite - Post: 3842

Amused

Doesn't really say if it is going to be Steam only or not. Anyone know if the only way to get the game is Steam only?
brohawk is offline   Reply With Quote