Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:24 AM   #41 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoh View Post
I just noticed that Section 8 is coming soon on STEAM now, Sep 1st release date.
Section 8 on Steam
pre-purchase available now!
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd August 2009, 05:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4147

Playing this to kill time till Aion, however looks very good so far, quite enjoying it.
Say hi if you see Snottnose about the AU servers.

Snott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 06:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4478

Cheerful

So, as Ryo asked earlier, is there going to be enough interest in this one to start a separate Div? I've been quite enjoying the beta, reminds me of BF2 crossed with UT2k4.
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 08:05 PM   #44 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Haven't tried the game myself, however came across an RPS link to a UK pre-order special @ 14.95 (plus 2.35 if you're outside the EU). Considerably cheaper than what you'd get here in Australia in store or via steam.

zavvi.co.uk - Section 8 PC
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 08:34 PM   #45 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11362

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
So, as Ryo asked earlier, is there going to be enough interest in this one to start a separate Div? I've been quite enjoying the beta, reminds me of BF2 crossed with UT2k4.
If the interest and numbers are high enough then initially there will be a seperate public forum and if the interest continues then yes, a seperate private division will be started
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 09:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5866 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
Haven't tried the game myself, however came across an RPS link to a UK pre-order special @ 14.95 (plus 2.35 if you're outside the EU). Considerably cheaper than what you'd get here in Australia in store or via steam.

zavvi.co.uk - Section 8 PC
Huge thanks for that mate......that's half the price of the Steam version over here, and a significant saving over other online retailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravin View Post
Doubtful with COD4 (2) coming out later this year that I'd order this too, but its fun distraction
The way I see it (especially in light of the cheap price thanks to Thermal), is that this comes out over two months ahead of COD:MW2; so if, at a bare minimum, I play it between it's release and COD:MW2s release, I will have got my moneys worth out of it.

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 05:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4572

Fine

Just been trying it out today

Thought it was a bit naff at first

But then gave it some more time and learned the controls and nades better

Started doing some of the missions and deploying mini guns to help me and found that I was really starting to get into it

Crappy pings over here though best was about 250 but was still playable
Old 25th August 2009, 05:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

I downloaded it (fileplanet makes me sad) and I have only played a couple of games vs bots so far but it seems pretty cool, it reminds me of a cross between Unreal2 XMP and Tribes. I need to RTFM and play with some humans next. I do hate the way it uses Gamespy ID's for your player name, somebody already took my name on there and I cant see a way of changing it to something else in game .
I'm still on the fence about buying it as I have a backlog of games I want to play and MW2 and L4D2 are just around the corner.

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 10:58 AM   #49 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5866 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

Glimpses of new maps and a little more info for those finding their feet in the beta: Section 8 Video Game, Exclusive Dynamic Combat Missions Diary HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:46 AM   #50 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25469

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob_Pavlov View Post
Glimpses of new maps and a little more info for those finding their feet in the beta: Section 8 Video Game, Exclusive Dynamic Combat Missions Diary HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
Hey that sounds great, dynamic missions slipping into multiplay just to mix things up and stop them feeling so static (After a while you just know how certain maps usually play out - heh).

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote