To add to the discussion, here's something I recently discussed with someone..
What do YOU want in the FPS community?
• are you getting tired of noobs crying over new games "but it's not like inset_old_game_here
• are you tired of noobs blaming a new game or engine for their lack of aim/skill and ability to adapt??
• are you dismayed over the bulk of players that are more concerned with their stats than... anything??
• are you disappointed about some the amazing mods that have been released and not played??
• how often do you hear console fans complain??
-are you surprised more game developers are heading towards the console platform??
• do you see nothing wrong with the community??
• are you wondering what the hell this post is about??
If you could change the FPS community, how would you like things to be?