The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   What grinds my gears! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/257288-what-grinds-my-gears.html)

ColdCamV 4th September 2009 07:21 PM

What grinds my gears!

I got bored and im not sure if this is already a thread or not but oh well:p

Im gonna call this thread...WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS!:mad:

This is where ya can post about what really annoys you when playing an FPS it can be anything at all its just basically to vent your anger towards what ppl do in games and anything else you wanna vent at about a game:p

Also its a good way to discuss and who knows there might be other ppl who also get angry about the same things your talking about:D

Reoh 4th September 2009 07:43 PM

When I unload 2 clips of a p90 into someone, and then they turn around spraying randomly across my kneecaps and I go down.... o.O

Nukerat 4th September 2009 09:19 PM

I sneak up behind a sniper and prepare to mow him down.... he turns headshots meross open sights and keeps on sniping.

Reoh 5th September 2009 06:50 AM

Yeah there's a lot of binds the game allows that they could just code counters for (like fully automatic shotguns that aren't supposed to be, or snipers who can fire from the hip at mid-long ranges with flawless accuracy).

How about gun jams? gun sway off the center? realistic recoil?

rubicon 5th September 2009 08:01 AM

I'll argue against that. If I want realism I'll go to work or just go outside. Games are escapism and I for one hate the trend over the last ten years or so towards more "realistic" games.

Reoh 6th September 2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 2502296)
I'll argue against that. If I want realism I'll go to work or just go outside. Games are escapism and I for one hate the trend over the last ten years or so towards more "realistic" games.

To counter that if I may, realism can help balance the different weapons in a game (even if the 'realism' isn't flawlessly accurate to real life). Otherwise the game encourages players to use weapons in a way they shouldn't be able to; as for the player it just adds a new dimension to their skill beyond the straight up point+click!

shim 6th September 2009 02:50 PM

[Peter_Griffin] Do you really know what grinds my gears? limiting the amount of times i can use my CD key before i have to contact the developers. They could easily unlock the usage again after a month or so incase people format more often than others or have problems and reinstall. [/Peter Griffin]

Drac 9th September 2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 2502296)

Games are just games, if you use them to escape something so be it, but that doesn't mean everyone does or wants that. I'm drawn towards fairly stressful games, but it's a different kind of stress that my day to day job offers, and it's more or less risk free stress and there-in lies the appeal for me.

I also find it odd how people think FPS games approach any form or realism. Controlling a character in an FPS game is more like driving some kind of freakish monoscopic hovering golf cart compared to what an actual person can do. The brain still fills in a lot of gaps playing FPS games.

ColdCamV 10th September 2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drac (Post 2507255)
Games are just games, if you use them to escape something so be it, but that doesn't mean everyone does or wants that. I'm drawn towards fairly stressful games, but it's a different kind of stress that my day to day job offers, and it's more or less risk free stress and there-in lies the appeal for me.

I also find it odd how people think FPS games approach any form or realism. Controlling a character in an FPS game is more like driving some kind of freakish monoscopic hovering golf cart compared to what an actual person can do. The brain still fills in a lot of gaps playing FPS games.

Well said, games are games for the sake of well..being games:p

A few things really grind my gears...1 is when your in a vehicle and your the gunner or a passenger or whatever..and the person driving decides to ram the vehicle into something and bailing in the last second...WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE!

The other thing is, as Reoh said, unloading a clip into someone only to have them turn around and somehow take you out in one shot!

Oh and the last thing..it only just happened like 20 minutes ago and it just aggrevated me...if i put a demo pak on an enemy tank with the enemy in it and you see me doing that...why would you run at the tank and start shooting at it with a machine gun. I thought the other player would be smart and run away when i blow it up instead he runs towards it...he gets killed aswell..so he punishes me and goes off his head at me for "purposely" team killing!

Those are what really grind my gears at the moment:mad:

Beavis 10th September 2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drac (Post 2507255)
The brain still fills in a lot of gaps playing FPS games.

Well,that's it for me,seemly I have been told I have only half a brain