Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th October 2009, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25484

Amused
Default APB - All Points Bulletin

This is another of the genre confusing MMO-FPS-RPG titles that are coming soon to the market. In this game, you'll partake in gang warfare. Its free2play (but not to buy, haha!) supposedly and lets you level up and have guilds/clans like in RPG's. Closed beta invites have just gone out according to Kotaku. If you're interested then there's a bunch of info, screenies, gameplay footage etc at the linky.

Crime MMO's?

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17th October 2009, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

http://www.apb.com/

I'd play just to get into a car

Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Amused

Nice video! It reminded me that you can also play the security forces side trying to stop crime, not just the criminals trying to commit them.

We need you, Citizen!
Old 19th October 2009, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

I was interested in this game ages ago back when the teaser video for it came out..i will try and find it...here it is

YouTube - All Points Bulletin

thats a basic copy of what they teased us with back 2 years ago..its now really coming out cant wait

Gonna have fun with this game haha
Old 20th October 2009, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCamV View Post
I was interested in this game ages ago back when the teaser video for it came out..i will try and find it...here it is

YouTube - All Points Bulletin
WOW that teaser said coming out 2007!
Better late than never though
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

I know aye..well when i found it iwas 15-16 and it was on the same page as huxley which was supposed to come out before it haha. because they said they were putting APB on hold to finish huxley haha. That was before EA took it so its been ages
Old 15th January 2010, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2452

Dead
Default merged threads by Ned

APB (All Points Bulletin) is an upcoming massively multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcement and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these. The game design is led by David Jones, creator of the original Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown, and is being developed by Realtime Worlds.

The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city where there is a constant battle between "Enforcement" and "Criminals", and the player will need to decide to which Faction they want to belong. The two sides battle out for control of the city, with territory within the city being contested continually 24 hours a day, so that players must concern themselves with both offensive and defensive moves.
Other activities involving missions within the game allowing the player to earn extra money, which then can be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all that influence the game itself. For example, several Criminal players may rob a convenience store within the game; the game will then seek out one or more Law Enforcement players of equivalent skills and other criteria, and will issue an all-points bulletin for them to stop the robbery.
APB also claims it will be the first Massively multiplayer online game title where the player's skill determines the character's progression, as opposed to the normal model of time investment.
At GDC 2009 it was announced that Vivox would be providing voice chat for the game, the software allows players to customize the voice of their characters with voice fronts, and also to communicate using 3D positional audio.

http://www.apb.com/

Looks awesome

Last edited by Ned; 15th January 2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: title
RUFFSACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 713

Lurking

oooooh that looks like fun

I wonder how much $
Old 24th January 2010, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4185

Yeah I like the look of that a lot
Old 24th January 2010, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Amused

They've done some impressive work with avatar design.

We need you, Citizen!