Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th October 2009, 06:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7441

Yeehaw

FYI: Killing baddies using the cars (roadkill or via rockets) only gives you about 5% to 10% the XP you'd normally get by killing them once you hop out.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th October 2009, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 355

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
FYI: Killing baddies using the cars (roadkill or via rockets) only gives you about 5% to 10% the XP you'd normally get by killing them once you hop out.
I actually didn't realise that? In the second chapter you get to use the cars a lot more often.
Old 30th October 2009, 10:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 115

Confused

Hey guys! trex here long time been away anyways im up for some borderlands coop, but i dont have it through steam? i bought retail :S 89 bucks! 44 on steam bummed out lol, currently a lvl 3 hunter! sydney austrlia...
trex0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Goofy

The MP has issues galore for me. Trying to play a game with Dr Jan's son equals pure frustration. Not joinable, not connectable, drop-outs, etc.

Also another major issue is the microphone. There is no push to talk, just constantly on (or you disable the thing completely).

They need to fix these things up or it'll just end up being another un-played game.

Last edited by Harry Reems; 30th October 2009 at 03:52 PM.
Harry Reems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 04:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2008

Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Reems View Post
The MP has issues galore for me. Trying to play a game with Dr Jan's son equals pure frustration. Not joinable, not connectable, drop-outs, etc.

Also another major issue is the microphone. There is no push to talk, just constantly on (or you disable the thing completely).

They need to fix these things up or it'll just end up being another un-played game.
One guy on the forum stated that no matter what they could do they could never get a private game hosted... Then they tried creating a public game, once the host had done that, he could then exit it and create a private game and it worked.

Dunno if it'd help, but it's worth a try*

*assuming you're 100% sure you have the ports forwarded correctly**

**which is impossible if you're BOTH trying to play from behind the same router and connect via external IP.
Old 30th October 2009, 04:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Asleep

Oh, and maybe try this:

Borderlands PC Multiplayer Troubles/Issues? How to get Borderlands Co-Op Working with NO Port Forwarding! | The Fate of Tyrlon and other Dubious Things

I'm actually tempted to see if anyone else is interested in using it over hamachi rather than internet as it's going to be a complete bastard for me due to the double-routers.
Old 30th October 2009, 05:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Pink Predator
Ace - Post: 9424 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex View Post
Hey guys! trex here long time been away anyways im up for some borderlands coop, but i dont have it through steam? i bought retail :S 89 bucks! 44 on steam bummed out lol, currently a lvl 3 hunter! sydney austrlia...
Hi trex,

Post up your GameSpy ID in here [Borderlands] GameSpy Usernames - and also add people to your friends list that way you can join or start games easily
Old 30th October 2009, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Brush View Post
Oh, and maybe try this:

Borderlands PC Multiplayer Troubles/Issues? How to get Borderlands Co-Op Working with NO Port Forwarding! | The Fate of Tyrlon and other Dubious Things

I'm actually tempted to see if anyone else is interested in using it over hamachi rather than internet as it's going to be a complete bastard for me due to the double-routers.
I agree Mighty. I'm going to skip the whole Gamespy crap and just use this instead. Someone I know was using a program called "Tunngle?" for their dubious copy with no issues whatsoever. Though as soon as they bought their legit copy have had nothing but issues also with the in-game system.

Last edited by Harry Reems; 30th October 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Harry Reems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 06:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Asleep

Tunngle is similar to hamachi AFIK.
Old 31st October 2009, 03:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7441

Yeehaw

There are issues with the gamespy thing atm.

The most reliable fix:

1) Start to host a public game, have someone try to join and time out.
2) Exit that then start a private game and it should work.

It has worked every time (assuming you have the ports forwarded) for me and other people I know.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote