Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th November 2009, 05:17 PM   #71 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1918

I didn't know if I was going to get BL. But a friend already did and he wanted me to have it. I convinced him to bottle the files and bring them over. My concern was if my pc would run it. I dropped the files and he logged in to his own Steam id. Lo and Behold, my machine ran it and it looked good.

Price being what it was I didn't think much on it, especially as I had rounded up some like minded dudes for a pack.(I didn't wait I just bought it. I knew I'd have takers)

That was my try before buy, but if that were to happen at this late time... umm, second and third thoughts and hedging and carring on. Actually I'd probably be spending more time in l4d2. That never went astray.

Memorial Signature pic
Firebrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st December 2009, 03:06 PM   #72 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1294

Bored

anyone reckon there'll be a difference in price between us an the states for the DLC???

el
Old 1st December 2009, 03:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 355

Goofy

I wouldn't put it past them...

$10 there
$20 here
Old 1st December 2009, 06:39 PM   #74 (permalink)

*FACEPALM*

And I was so lookin' forward to just grabbing it. Not contemplating the political ramifications.

Memorial Signature pic
Old 1st December 2009, 08:23 PM   #75 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Never did get a response from 2K on availability in Australia of DLC via Steam - unless you count the automated response system emails from 2 of the 3 emails addresses I sent to which promised to respond within 72 hours. Of course they may just be busy, which is why it's taken them 272 hours and counting...
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 01:06 PM   #76 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7440

Yeehaw

Funny how "publishers" are really bad at telling potential customers when/where they'll be, err, publishing something.

It's not like they're in the publishing business or... wait a minute...
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 12:37 AM   #77 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Well what do you know, a real person has finally answered my email - only took 20 days (that's some overseas lag):

Quote:
Hello, I will look into this one for you and should have a response for you shortly.

Kind regards,
Chris

Technical Support

--Original Message--
Date: 19/11/2009 11:19:55
To: take2@europesupport.com; usa@take2support.com
Subject: Availability of Borderlands DLC for steam based players in Australia

Good Morning,

A number of my friends have made me aware that Borderlands (PC) was recently removed from sale through Steam for Australian and New Zealand residents. While I consider the whole mess very poor form on 2k Games' part, I don't wish to labour on the point of what obviously came down to a business decision I have no control over, and recognising a satisfactorily explanation is unlikely due to commercial in confidence arrangements.

I however purchased Borderlands (PC) via Steam as a pre-order and am thus playing and enjoying the game immensely even though I live in Australia. What has me significantly concerned presently is whether the pending DLC will be available to me through Steam now that the game itself is no longer available to purchase in my region?

I attempted to direct this question to a 2K Games email address for Australia however the link on the international site for Australia points to http://localhost/uk/contact which obviously does not help. I thus have been required to resort to directing this query to the European & US email links I could locate in the hope that you would respond or forward this query to the appropriate area for a response.

I look forward to a prompt response that restores a semblance of faith that 2K Games are somewhat considerate of their customers.

Regards.......TI
Now to sit down for another 20 day wait.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Old 10th December 2009, 11:51 AM   #78 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25501

Amused

Well Thermal, both the game and DLC are available again now in Australia (with steam), with a 30% markup compared against the rest of the world through Steam.

LOLs at them just looking into it now when its already released and put up and they just don't know.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 03:31 PM   #79 (permalink)

Yeah, so much for prompt replies.

Memorial Signature pic
Old 10th December 2009, 06:56 PM   #80 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoh View Post
Well Thermal, both the game and DLC are available again now in Australia (with steam), with a 30% markup compared against the rest of the world through Steam.

LOLs at them just looking into it now when its already released and put up and they just don't know.
And they're now going to get a further query regarding DLC pricing and SecureROM before my money gets spent.

Playing: