The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Far Cry 3 *SEP 2012* (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/271960-far-cry-3-sep-2012-a.html)

Reoh 25th November 2009 11:15 AM

Far Cry 3 *SEP 2012*

Quote:

Originally Posted by CVG
Speaking at a recent Avatar junket, OPM asked Ubisoft scribe Kevin Shortt if he was working on a third Far Cry title and instead of the usual "no comment", the mag received a refreshing response...

"No I'm not," he replied honestly. "But I know the team are and what I've seen looks pretty exciting." Far Cry 3 confirmed then, just like that.

Still just speculation about what the game is going to be like, but its on the way.

Source

Ned 25th November 2009 03:15 PM

Good news... maybe. I hope they release a late patch for Far Cry 2 like they did with the original Far Cry (was called Project FiXit). Far Cry 2 could be a great game. At the moment it's good with potential.

Thanks for the info Reoh!

King_Rocket 25th November 2009 05:51 PM

You know what FC2 needs, co-op, It would be bloody awesome.

Ned 7th June 2011 06:03 PM

Far Cry 3 Confirmed!!

Beyond the limits of civilization lies an island, a lawless place ruled by piracy and human misery, where your only escape is through drugs or the muzzle of a gun. This is where you find yourself, trapped in a place that’s forgotten right from wrong, a place where you must live by the principles of violence to survive. Discover the island’s bloody secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to survive; and outwit its roster of ruthless, desperate characters. Beware the beauty and mystery of this unexplored paradise. You’ll need more than luck to survive.

*LANGUAGE WARNING*

Far Cry 3 - Official Site
Far Cry 3 - Forum

Ubisoft - Far Cry 3

E3 2011: Far Cry 3 Announced - Preview and Developer Interview - ausgamers.com

===

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Rocket (Post 2604691)
You know what FC2 needs, co-op, It would be bloody awesome.

Definitely! I'd be happy to even pay money for that in an expansion pack or DLC form!

Player One 7th June 2011 08:21 PM

I was a major fan of the first one. Second one was okay, looking forward to see what the 3rd comes out like.

Reoh 9th June 2011 04:17 AM

Sure looked pretty!

Never played the first, started in on the second until borderlands came out and never got back into it. I liked how sandboxy it felt. lots of big open areas and multiple ways of approaching conflict areas.

Reoh 10th June 2011 07:31 AM

I just realised this game is published by Ubisoft so I think this is a fair question.

Will the DRM Suck?*

*as in, requires a constant internet connection with no offline play.

Unknown 10th June 2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reoh (Post 3165796)
*as in, requires a constant internet connection with no offline play.

I guess we'll only know for sure closer to (or perhaps post) release. The official site does say that it's "UPlay-enabled", so that likely means using Ubisoft's DRM - though they've been toning it (Ubisoft DRM) down since it was first released.

Reoh 12th June 2011 11:48 AM

Yeah I heard that, didn't their last game or two not require it?

I almost picked up one of their games on a steam sale recently, until I realised it still had it though.

Unknown 12th June 2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reoh (Post 3167503)
Yeah I heard that, didn't their last game or two not require it?

From memory the only recent Ubi title that I think doesn't require their DRM is RUSE. I've got three UPlay-enabled games (Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Splinter Cell Conviction) and only ever had trouble with AC2 back when the Ubi DRM was first launched; after they sorted out the initial issues it's been fine - though to be fair, I'm almost always gaming on-line by choice anyway (connected to Steam).

If the Ubi DRM implemented in Far Cry 3 is pretty much what I've come to expect from the above three titles, then that'll be the least of my concerns regarding FC3.