Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2009, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11363

Default Deus Ex (3): Human Revolution

Thanks to TOG Rog69 for initial info!

Deus Ex
Eidos Montral | Games
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Eidos Forums

March 2010 - name was changed from 'Deus Ex 3' to 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution'

Deus Ex: Human Revolution takes place during the year 2027, 25 years before Deus Ex.
>> for more see here >> Deus Ex 3: First details - computerandvideogames.com

There's also a thread running in the Strategy, RPG and Other Games forum..
TOG public | Strategy, RPG and Other Games | Deus Ex 3.

Deus Ex Histroy

The original Deus Ex was released in 2000. This cyberpunk themed game combined elements of First-Person Shooters and Role Playing Games. It's won Game of The Year titles and has been frequently nominated 'best PC game of all time'. Originally a single-player only experience, basic multiplayer modes were patched into the game.

Deus Ex: Invisible War (sequel to the original) takes place 20 years after Deus Ex. It also combined FPS with RPG. Even though is was commercially a success and many reviews scored it well, many fans criticised it.

Quote:
The most common complaints seem to center around the length of the game (considerably shorter than the first installment), and the substantial reduction of RPG elements and the number of 'augmentation' abilities the player is able to find, and use.

SOURCES
Deus Ex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Deus Ex: Invisible War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Ned; 9th March 2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: updated release date
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st December 2009, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 1294 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

Please don't be like Invisible War

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 541

Chatty

Please be like the first game
Old 1st December 2009, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7437

Yeehaw

I liked both. Invisible war caught flak because it wasn't a carbon copy of the first, but if you approached it as a separate game it was still a great game, not Deus Ex 1 brilliant, but still really good.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 541

Chatty

It was but i just hated the whole augmenting thing..i did like the hacking and all that i saw that as a step up from the first one..and storyline wise i probably preferred the second game..but for overall enjoyment i gotta say the first was better
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12257

By all accounts, Invisible War was a great game on its own merits - but the die-hard fans of the original couldn't/wouldn't take to it, mainly because it was different.

I just didn't have the power to run Deus Ex at the time, and got onto it too late. Played the demo to death - but with 3 frames per second in mid-combat - it just wasn't worth the cost

So with DX3 - I've got some real hopes! I think it's been long enough between drinks that people will be open minded about what to expect. If it's going to be a futuristic sci-fi shooter/RPG... then I'm in no matter what name it has!!
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Found this...

Quote:
WILL THERE BE ANY MULTIPLAYER?
Since a Deus Ex game is primarily a single player experience, DX3 will not have a multiplayer component. The dev team wants to focus 100% on delivering the best single player game possible. But that doesn't rule out some kind of online component or future expansions and content, although nothing has been confirmed.
SOURCE: The Deus Ex 3 FAQs (updated/clarified 25/11/09) - Eidos Forums
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12257

Eww... I really hope they just go one way or the other. I don't mind if it's pure single player - just don't tack on a half arsed MP side that feels like a tacked on half arsed MP side...

Focus on the strengths, and work them to the max.
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre8 View Post
Eww... I really hope they just go one way or the other. I don't mind if it's pure single player - just don't tack on a half arsed MP side that feels like a tacked on half arsed MP side...
Which is exactly what they did with the first game, I remember PC Gamer magazine in the UK and other reviewers were critical of the first Deus Ex for not having multiplayer, even though it didn't really need it. It got patched in a short while after release but it was pretty rubbish. I wouldn't mind at all if 3 was single player only.

I hated the sequel, I posted my thoughts on it in the other thread so I wont repeat them here but I think it was just a bad game on both levels, ie as a sequel and a game in it's own right.

I have high hopes for part 3 though, the dev's seem very keen not to repeat the mistakes made with IW and with RPG's being a lot more mainstream now and modern consoles having a lot more grunt, there really is no excuse .

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

^^^

Added Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution GDC Teaser to top post!

Quote:
As last week's Games Developer Conference in San Fransisco wound up, Eidos and Square-Enix released a new video from the hotly anticipated third game in the Deux-Ex franchise - now known as Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
SOURCE: Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution GDC 2010 Teaser Trailer - AusGamers.com