Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th January 2010, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 316

Cheerful
Default [Borderlands] Slight Glitch in the Game.......

Hmmmmm...I have a slight problem,

I was playing Underdome online, I had already completed Hell Burbia, and we were playing through The Gully, When we completed The Gully we were sent back to the Underdome Foyer and I received a message that I had completed the Underdome mission (although I had not actually done Angelic Ruins) and I was given a Level up Point to allocate (I was already a level 50 Roland), so I guess I became a level 51?

I went and allocated my level point and continued on my merry way. However my shield started playing up, I noticed my shield was now showing 17,584, although my active shield was a 1,076 strength TRG-50AWE rapid tough guy shield. I dropped my Current Shield which should have left my Shield Slot Clear, however in my shield slot was a little money man (not sure what they are called - the little man you pick up which is worth $ in game), my shield dropped to 16,508. I tried to drop the little man from my shield but he could not / would not be dropped, If I dropped him he would remain in the slot, however I would drop a little man worth $31,039 I can drop as many of these as I like but I cannot clear the slot, also anytime I pick up money in game my Shield strenght increases by the $ value.

This has spoiled the games as I am now virtually invincible, with a shield of 16K+ nothing can touch me

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this (I have trawled a few forums and can't locate anything useful).

Cheers

Meaty
Meatl0af is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27th January 2010, 12:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatl0af View Post
I was playing Underdome online, I had already completed Hell Burbia, and we were playing through The Gully, When we completed The Gully we were sent back to the Underdome Foyer and I received a message that I had completed the Underdome mission (although I had not actually done Angelic Ruins) and I was given a Level up Point to allocate (I was already a level 50 Roland), so I guess I became a level 51?
Was someone else in the game who had already completed Angelic Ruins? Did you hand in the mission or did they? If so (and they handed in their mission), then yeah I've experienced this bug - though of all the bugs I've seen, I'm not too fussed about this one as it awards you the skill point a little earlier than might have otherwise been the case.

When you complete the short tournament (5 rounds, 5 waves each in the 3 areas) you are not levelled up (so no you shouldn't be level 51, still just level 50) but instead given an extra skill point (that is normally awarded when you level-up).

At this point in time, the highest level for a character is still just level 50 (though you continue to earn XP); the hot goss is that DLC3 will raise the highest level for characters, but to what (and how) isn't yet known.

Don't forget as you load your character, you can go through the short tournament twice (once for "playthrough 1", once for "playthrough 2") and gain two extra skill points (one per playthrough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatl0af View Post
I went and allocated my level point and continued on my merry way. However my shield started playing up, I noticed my shield was now showing 17,584, although my active shield was a 1,076 strength TRG-50AWE rapid tough guy shield. I dropped my Current Shield which should have left my Shield Slot Clear, however in my shield slot was a little money man (not sure what they are called - the little man you pick up which is worth $ in game), my shield dropped to 16,508. I tried to drop the little man from my shield but he could not / would not be dropped, If I dropped him he would remain in the slot, however I would drop a little man worth $31,039 I can drop as many of these as I like but I cannot clear the slot, also anytime I pick up money in game my Shield strenght increases by the $ value.
I recall reading about someone else having this problem on the Gearbox forum, but I can't recall what/where/when - I'd suggest starting there and bring the matter to the attention of Gearbox's community manager on the forum (ennui).

It might be possible to use the unofficial "save game editor" that's floating around (people are using this to give themselves more money, more slots, modified weapons, etc.), but realistically I'd suggest taking the matter straight to Gearbox because you're not the only one to experience this problem and the sooner Gearbox fixes it, the better for everyone (you included).

BTW, next time we attempt the long tournament (20 rounds, 5 waves, 3 areas), you're taking point.

(Later...)

This is the thread of which I was thinking:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...ad.php?t=92359

Of course, don't forget this:

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...p-backups.html

Last edited by Unknown; 27th January 2010 at 12:29 AM.
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25502

Amused

Do you have a backup of your character that you can redo yourself with? Also if you get another point, try reloading the game. My theory is that when you spent a 51st level's talent point, you buggered up your character profile as everything was now out of order from having too many.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 316

Cheerful

Thanks Unknown / Reoh

It appears I am not the only one with the problem, I have sent a message off to Gearbox and I will await their response before I do anything drastic like try to restore from an old game - which will probably a month old ........I guess it will teach me to backup more often.

The link to the backup forum was quite appropriate Unknown (Thanks), I had not read that one before, and it explained where my favorite Mods disappeared too when I first played Underdome
Meatl0af is offline   Reply With Quote