The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Bordlerands Patch 2/2/2010 (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/282958-bordlerands-patch-2-2-2010-a.html)

Reoh 3rd February 2010 08:02 AM

Bordlerands Patch 2/2/2010

New patch rolled out today, details below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steam
Updates to Borderlands have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Borderlands

• Multiplayer connectivity has been improved; users should no longer be required to forward ports to host or join multiplayer games
  • Players who experienced distorted shadows or graphical glitches after update 1.0.1 should no longer experience these issues
  • The 3D Vision crosshair has been improved

Source - Steam

shock_ 3rd February 2010 07:11 PM

That networking fix could be the patch that brings me back to this game :)

Reoh 3rd February 2010 08:16 PM

I just tried quickly tonight, and without any third part support or port forwarding we were happily playing together (and she's on the other side of the world).

Late, true... but good job 2k!

Morlak 4th February 2010 02:12 AM

Good to know, i will have to find this new patch. I still haven't played a multi-player game yet but i'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Thermal Ions 4th February 2010 10:12 PM

I'm more pleased that they've supposedly fixed the shadow glitches, although the networking stuff means I can put off working out how to forward ports on my new modem. :cool:

Reoh 4th February 2010 11:44 PM

Which is good, I don't like port forwarding. Makes me feel like I'm poking holes in a condom.

Kriv 5th February 2010 07:28 AM

I am downloading the patch and hope to get some online goodness going without using third party software. Game should have launched with these features available.

dday_0612 5th February 2010 09:52 AM

Hey Guys,

I have only had the game for a couple days now. How do I patch the game? Can I do it from inside the software, or do I need to do it from the games website?

Thanks

shock_ 5th February 2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dday_0612 (Post 2685835)
Hey Guys,

I have only had the game for a couple days now. How do I patch the game? Can I do it from inside the software, or do I need to do it from the games website?

Thanks

If you bought it through Steam, you probably don't need to do anything and it'll patch itself (doublecheck this from the "My Games" screen in Steam with a right-click on "Borderlands", "Properties", "Updates")

If you have a retail copy you could download and run the patch, obtainable from Ausgamers among other places... check your ISP for faster/unmetered options
AusGamers Files - Borderlands Patch v1.21

Unknown 5th February 2010 06:03 PM

Or directly from Gearbox themselves:

GearboxSoftware.com

The key here is that the patch we're all talking about is the "1.21" version.