Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th February 2010, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3619

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday_0612 View Post
Thanks again for the help! I just upgraded my rifle and handgun today and it is exciting!
Good to hear that you're enjoying yourself with Borderlands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
I've noticed some people use one almost exculsively and kill things with no-scoped body shots. That's why Unk and Thermal need high fire rates.
When you have a sniper rifle with the fully-automatic fire rate of some SMGs, who needs a scope?!

(Although to be fair, most of those "no-scoped body shots" are with an SMG. )

Old 5th February 2010, 06:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1331

Yea, I think I am becoming addicted

I take my time and search all areas... Not completely sure I like the respawn times, as I tend to get slowed down by having to kill the same area in one trip... That is no big deal at all though, just added exp...

I am to level 17 now. I need to upgrade my guns...

It seems that the vending machine guns are level appropriate to where the vending machine is... so I guess I need to find the machine that has the highest level guns in it for level 17.

Also, as for travel... Am I missing something? Sometimes I feel like when I finish a quest a far ways away, there should be a quicker way to get back to camp or turn in. Especially when mobs have respawned..

Thanks for all the input here, I am enjoying my first FPS with Borderlands...

To bed now..will check this in the morn.

Thanks.
Old 5th February 2010, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3619

Quote:
It seems that the vending machine guns are level appropriate to where the vending machine is... so I guess I need to find the machine that has the highest level guns in it for level 17.
Something like that, yeah - it's definitely the case for playthrough 1, can't remember if it's the same for playthrough 2 though; by playthrough 2.5, all the vending machines are set to your level so you can find a level 50 weapon just as easily in Fyrestone as you could at locations much later in the game.

Quote:
Also, as for travel... Am I missing something? Sometimes I feel like when I finish a quest a far ways away, there should be a quicker way to get back to camp or turn in. Especially when mobs have respawned..
In some ways, the quests are deliberately "all over the place" to "encourage" you to explore areas rather than just take the quickest/shortest path to glory; it means you have to use your map to find the nearest vehicle station more often to make travel quicker.

Once you leave Fyrestone and enter the Dahl Headlands, one of the quests will enable the "fast transit" (or whatever it's called) system - this will make travel between various points on Pandora akin to taking a Star Trek teleporter; it doesn't remove walking/driving completely, but it does speed-up travel quite considerably as you're travelling long distances completing quests.
Old 6th February 2010, 11:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1918

I always thought of the Fast-transit system as being the New-U cloning technology being combined with a Futurama Suicide Booth. Kill you here, replace you there.

Memorial Signature pic
Firebrand is offline   Reply With Quote