Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th February 2010, 06:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1331

Default [Borderlands] Quick question about storage

Hey all, new to the game still (level 17).

Is there any point in the game where I will be able to access a storage area for loot?

Also, is there any way to share loot and/or money between characters without trading with a friend?

Thanks

Old 6th February 2010, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1918

Mad Moxxi's Underdome DLC has a shop-like booth for the storage of items.

As for trading between characters that gets tricky but I have done this once.

First look in your "My Documents" folder dig through my games until you find your Borderlands save files. Take that folder and create a zip of it. Do this whenever you think a backup of your saves would be appropriate. Like, for example, before you try this next tip.

I have found, and others have confirmed, you can run 2 instances of Borderlands from steam. Try pressing alt + enter, that will put you into "windowed mode" i.e. turn off fullscreen. Go to vid options and put the resolution down to, say, 800 x 600. open you games tab in steam and run BL again. Viola you have two screens now. Start a game in Lan from one character and join yourself with the other character.

Complicated, no? But easy to pull off. I only did this the once. The one time I needed to. If that sounds too daring then yeah, you'll just have to find a friend who can hold on to it for you.

Others have used this to stand a new Character in a corner and then run a lvl 50 around highlevel areas. Effectively powerleveling ones-self.

Memorial Signature pic

Last edited by Firebrand; 6th February 2010 at 11:39 AM.
Firebrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25502

Amused

I just had a friend help me...

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 731

Buzzed

The only thing i've found is when you get backpack upgrades for doing Claptrap repair quests, i believe they add 3 backpack spots each.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlak View Post
The only thing i've found is when you get backpack upgrades for doing Claptrap repair quests, i believe they add 3 backpack spots each.
Yes they do. to a maximum of 45. if you miss a claptrap you can get it on playthrough 2. And there is a 2 SDUs (that's what they're called) available from one of the dlcs. Ned's. You can do that quest twice you see. In playthrough 1 and playthrough 2.

Memorial Signature pic
Old 9th February 2010, 12:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Amused

Some people for mysterious reasons get more. My friend and I played our way through the whole game together. She missed some the first time round, and I got extra one from the Zombies too.

We need you, Citizen!
Old 9th February 2010, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2006

Asleep

If you're a hoarder like me, you can also add backpack slots with a savegame editor (up to 999).

I gave myself 100, so I can save all the "cool" stuff I found, even though I'll never actually use it, or it's for another class.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Amused

I don't like having my inventory cluttered! Bank really should've been in the base game though, it was a horrid oversight.

We need you, Citizen!
Old 10th February 2010, 01:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 731

Buzzed

Ok i have a question, what do you mean by play through 2, do you mean you can run through the quests for a second time on each character? I get the play through 1 but i didn't know that you can run through it again. I have ran through the game once and killed the vault monster but it didn't seem to have anymore quests for me, although i still had 2 lower lvl quest that i didn't finish because i couldn't find the parts (which i did find on my second run through).
Old 10th February 2010, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

When you've found the Vault, you've done so by completing all the "Story" quests. They're the ones that drive the game forward. Anything else is a side-quest. If credits roll on you, when you next start a game you'll be asked, while in the menu, Playthrough 1 or Playthrough 2.

PL1 you can go back and find those parts you've missed. PL2 you hop off the bus again but everybody you fought before will be at a higher level and so will the quests. Somewhere around level 36 and up, because thats what they think you should be at by the time plug in the key. (I'm trying not to give spoilers here).

NB: There is what people call PL2.5. Roll credits again and when you come back everything will be level 50 and up. Yes, I did say 'and up'.

Personally the last time I did PL2 I did only story quests and saved all the sidequest for PL2.5. Why you ask? Because there is life after 50. Better weapons to find is always on the agenda, but also improved weapon proficiencies. WP goes up according to the xp you gained with that weapon. If you only got 3xp from that skag, then your Launcher only got 3xp from 'sploding that skag. Lesson; go find a bigger skag.

Memorial Signature pic