The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   [Borderlands] More thoughts and questions (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/283746-borderlands-more-thoughts-questions.html)

dday_0612 8th February 2010 04:58 AM

[Borderlands] More thoughts and questions

Hey all,

I am still going strong and enjoying myself with Borderlands. I had a few questions that came up in my gameplay.

What is the difference between a yellow and gold item? I looted 2 sniper guns that were very similar in stats. One of them began with a number/letter code type number. The other one did not. The colors of these weapons was a bit different. One was yellow and the other one was gold, or darker yellow.

Also, I am a completionist and I can't help but do every single quest. Because of this, I usually finish all the quests when they are "trivial". Does this make a difference?? It seems that I still get the same rewards either way. I am not worried about this, but I wondered if the reward gets smaller if the quest is trivial. I am level 25 and have completed only about 5 quests in New Haven.

Thanks,

Unknown 8th February 2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dday_0612 (Post 2688745)
What is the difference between a yellow and gold item?

See here:

Rare Items (Above Purple!) - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthrough, Weapons, Classes, Enemies, Vehicles and more!
Pearlescent - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthrough, Weapons, Classes, Enemies, Vehicles and more!

I've found the S&S Thanatos repeaters to be the most common of the pearlescent weapons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dday_0612 (Post 2688745)
Also, I am a completionist and I can't help but do every single quest. Because of this, I usually finish all the quests when they are "trivial". Does this make a difference?? It seems that I still get the same rewards either way. I am not worried about this, but I wondered if the reward gets smaller if the quest is trivial.

I haven't done any scientific studies so I can't say for certain if it matters at all that much - I believe the difficulty ("trivial", etc.) mainly tells you something about the levels of enemies you'll be up against compared to your own level; you're more likely to get "better loot" in a co-op game than a more difficult quest, especially given many of the quest rewards are rather fixed (eg., Sledge's shotgun).

Snott 8th February 2010 02:56 PM

yeah i play much the same way, I thought it was just levels.

Reoh 8th February 2010 10:45 PM

Must complete all quests!

Its a compulsion, I can't help it.

Morlak 9th February 2010 01:19 AM

The first time through i didn't complete all the quests as i found that there were parts or pieces that i couldn't find, but this second time through i'm figuring it out, finding all pieces, etc. As for weapons i usually go by the stats on them and don't really worry about the colour. One thing i have found is that a person should keep checking the weapons vending machines, i have found some very nice weapons for sale (love the fire elemental weapons, especially in sniper rifles, love hearing them burn to death, sick i know).

dday_0612 9th February 2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morlak (Post 2689779)
The first time through i didn't complete all the quests as i found that there were parts or pieces that i couldn't find, but this second time through i'm figuring it out, finding all pieces, etc. As for weapons i usually go by the stats on them and don't really worry about the colour. One thing i have found is that a person should keep checking the weapons vending machines, i have found some very nice weapons for sale (love the fire elemental weapons, especially in sniper rifles, love hearing them burn to death, sick i know).

I could not agree more with you. Ever since I found a gold fire elemental sniper that game has become amazing! The guys that used to take 3 to 4 sniper shots to go down, are now only taking 1 and are burning to death also!! I am also noticing that sometimes my gun hurts other mobs near the one I shoot. This gun is awesome!!!

Firebrand 10th February 2010 04:16 PM

The Maliwan Volcano! It the manufacturers legenadary Rifle. Comes in many flavours of body type, model and differing prefixes.

Also Look out for these, You'll want one of each (and will find better versions of) ;
The Pestulant Defiler (thats a mispell I think) A Revolver.
The Hellfire, An SMG
A Saviour , Another SMG. possibly with elemental type.

Once you're 50 you'll trade the Volcano for a 'Wrath'. Unlike the Former, the Latter comes in 4 different elemental flavours. Try the Liquid Wrath!

Dont know what I'm talkin' 'bout. You will in time. (or look in here)