Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th February 2010, 04:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1329

Default [Borderlands] More thoughts and questions

Hey all,

I am still going strong and enjoying myself with Borderlands. I had a few questions that came up in my gameplay.

What is the difference between a yellow and gold item? I looted 2 sniper guns that were very similar in stats. One of them began with a number/letter code type number. The other one did not. The colors of these weapons was a bit different. One was yellow and the other one was gold, or darker yellow.

Also, I am a completionist and I can't help but do every single quest. Because of this, I usually finish all the quests when they are "trivial". Does this make a difference?? It seems that I still get the same rewards either way. I am not worried about this, but I wondered if the reward gets smaller if the quest is trivial. I am level 25 and have completed only about 5 quests in New Haven.

Thanks,
__________________
dday_0612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th February 2010, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3619
 Unknown's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday_0612 View Post
What is the difference between a yellow and gold item?
See here:

Rare Items (Above Purple!) - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthrough, Weapons, Classes, Enemies, Vehicles and more!
Pearlescent - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthrough, Weapons, Classes, Enemies, Vehicles and more!

I've found the S&S Thanatos repeaters to be the most common of the pearlescent weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday_0612 View Post
Also, I am a completionist and I can't help but do every single quest. Because of this, I usually finish all the quests when they are "trivial". Does this make a difference?? It seems that I still get the same rewards either way. I am not worried about this, but I wondered if the reward gets smaller if the quest is trivial.
I haven't done any scientific studies so I can't say for certain if it matters at all that much - I believe the difficulty ("trivial", etc.) mainly tells you something about the levels of enemies you'll be up against compared to your own level; you're more likely to get "better loot" in a co-op game than a more difficult quest, especially given many of the quest rewards are rather fixed (eg., Sledge's shotgun).
__________________
"I am a busy man and I can't be bothered to punch you at the moment. Here's my fist. Kindly run towards it as fast as you can."
- Blackadder: The Cavalier Years
Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4185
 Snott's Avatar

Default

yeah i play much the same way, I thought it was just levels.
__________________
Trying out ArcheAge... liking it...
Snott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25490
 Reoh's Avatar

Amused
Default

Must complete all quests!

Its a compulsion, I can't help it.
__________________

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 731

Buzzed
Default

The first time through i didn't complete all the quests as i found that there were parts or pieces that i couldn't find, but this second time through i'm figuring it out, finding all pieces, etc. As for weapons i usually go by the stats on them and don't really worry about the colour. One thing i have found is that a person should keep checking the weapons vending machines, i have found some very nice weapons for sale (love the fire elemental weapons, especially in sniper rifles, love hearing them burn to death, sick i know).
__________________
On Steam
One_More_Dead
Morlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 03:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1329

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlak View Post
The first time through i didn't complete all the quests as i found that there were parts or pieces that i couldn't find, but this second time through i'm figuring it out, finding all pieces, etc. As for weapons i usually go by the stats on them and don't really worry about the colour. One thing i have found is that a person should keep checking the weapons vending machines, i have found some very nice weapons for sale (love the fire elemental weapons, especially in sniper rifles, love hearing them burn to death, sick i know).
I could not agree more with you. Ever since I found a gold fire elemental sniper that game has become amazing! The guys that used to take 3 to 4 sniper shots to go down, are now only taking 1 and are burning to death also!! I am also noticing that sometimes my gun hurts other mobs near the one I shoot. This gun is awesome!!!
__________________
dday_0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1918
 Firebrand's Avatar

Default

The Maliwan Volcano! It the manufacturers legenadary Rifle. Comes in many flavours of body type, model and differing prefixes.

Also Look out for these, You'll want one of each (and will find better versions of) ;
The Pestulant Defiler (thats a mispell I think) A Revolver.
The Hellfire, An SMG
A Saviour , Another SMG. possibly with elemental type.

Once you're 50 you'll trade the Volcano for a 'Wrath'. Unlike the Former, the Latter comes in 4 different elemental flavours. Try the Liquid Wrath!

Dont know what I'm talkin' 'bout. You will in time. (or look in here)
__________________

Memorial Signature pic
Firebrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0