Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th June 2012, 09:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1241

Lurking

yep, very glad I've bought this. Lots of fun so far. Though personally I would like to play without the cammo.

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th June 2012, 07:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Interesting, so a PC version is now being released.

Quote:
Ghost Recon Future Soldier will benefit from several technical improvements in order to take full-advantage of the PC platform
See below link for PC Version Key Features, Minimum hardware requirements and Recommended Configuration.

SOURCE Ghost Recon Future Soldier - Official Website - Ubisoft - Australia- News
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2097

Confused

Got the PC version, one of the worst ports I've ever seen, in addition to the game itself not being very good. Some missions I can't even get 30fps on the lowest settings it's so poorly optimised, and I have no issue maintaining 60fps on much more graphically intense games like The Witcher 2, BF3 etc on med - high settings.

In addition to that it doesn't feel at all like the other GR games, really been dumbed down. I had to put it on the hardest difficulty and even then it's not even remotely challenging, especially since you're almost invisible and have x-ray vision. Small linear maps, scripted sequences everywhere, forced combat sections when stealth could have been perfectly viable, terrible AI, incredibly low res low quality pre-rendered cutscenes (the volume of them is also about half that of the rest of the game for some reason).

Steam version and other PC versions didn't match for a while which resulted in constant disconnects, now the versions are the same but it still suffers from constant connection issues. Multiplayer is really poorly designed, it matches you with people of similar levels but only for your team, which for me resulted in a team of level 1 players getting put in a match against a team of level 30ish players. Guess who won

Another case of "we want the CoD audience". Stay away.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:23 AM   #34 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Got the PC version, one of the worst ports I've ever seen, in addition to the game itself not being very good. Some missions I can't even get 30fps on the lowest settings it's so poorly optimised, and I have no issue maintaining 60fps on much more graphically intense games like The Witcher 2, BF3 etc on med - high settings.

In addition to that it doesn't feel at all like the other GR games, really been dumbed down. I had to put it on the hardest difficulty and even then it's not even remotely challenging, especially since you're almost invisible and have x-ray vision.
LOL Chief, so true. Too late for me, I bought it as well. Playing with the "Warhound" reminded me of using Godmode in some games. Invincible, too easy, unchallenging and totally boring. You could eat dinner and play this game. I was wondering if Spec Ops The Line, would be better? The demo wasn't toooooo bad.
Old 3rd July 2012, 01:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 1259

Cheerful

Its a fun shooter on the ps3 for me at least. I do enjoy the MP when you get a good squad but when you have a bunch of run and gun players on your team its horrible but that is not the games fault I guess
Old 3rd July 2012, 04:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2097

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan666 View Post
I was wondering if Spec Ops The Line, would be better? The demo wasn't toooooo bad.
The gameplay is just your average cover shooter but overall it's a pretty good game. Bug free, runs smooth as silk and has a surprisingly strong and engaging story for a shooter. Don't think I'd pay full price for it though, couldn't see myself playing through it more than twice.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 03:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12260

Looks like, and reminds me of Frontlines: Fuel of War... Enough said on that front.

But for me, all Ghost Recon titles have gone downhill since the original, which was utterly brilliant. Each time they add in new tech they seem to remove an important element of gameplay.

There's a reason WWII games are so consistently good and challenging - no "helpers" like heartbeat sensors or x-ray vision, or thermal sensors that see through solid concrete...

I still can't figure out why we don't have any proper 80's themed theatre based FPS titles. The 80's had such awesome hardware, the Cold War was at its climax and the weapons still had a lot of that "directness" that translates so well into FPS gaming.

Instead we get remote control helicopters and heartbeat sensors...
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 04:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

Original?

You mean Rainbow Six right?: P
Old 4th July 2012, 06:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12260

Nah I mean the actual game, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. It came out a year after Rainbow Six I think. Wasn't quite as "planny" as R6, much better graphics if I recall, and was more of an outdoor stealth-em-up rather than a demo and charge like in R6.

EDIT: and now he see's the : p hehe

Last edited by Spectre8; 4th July 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 09:45 AM   #40 (permalink)
Division Captain
Arma
Elite - Post: 4891 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Thanks for the update. I have now saved $49...

Per ardua ad astrospud
astrospud is offline   Reply With Quote