TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th March 2010, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11359

Default BF Bad Company 2 "Singleplayer"

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a recently released shooter for PC, PS3 & XBOX 360. The original Battlefield Bad Company game was released on console only.

I don't know how the console players received this game but from what I've seen, PC players are loving it. From Battlefield veterans to Call of Duty players, many are loving this game for it's online element. For me though I think Battlefield 2 (v1.5) is the superior online game but that's another story.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 has a singleplayer campaign.

Many PC players will be saying..

--What's a singleplayer?
--BF:BC2 has singleplayer?
--Yeh that's what you do when your internet is down...

BF:BC2 has given me some of the best singleplayer gaming I've ever experienced.

*stunning
*intense
*engaging
*FUN!

Serious game - NO
Did I mention FUN? - YES

Dense jungles : deserts : snow-torn mountains : destructable environments.. You'll get about 8 hours of play so two nights will do it for most. I highly recommend playing this singleplayer campaign. The game is worth the money just for this alone..... and then there's the online modes..

I give the BF Bad Company 2 Singleplayer Campaign 9/10. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 for me was the lack of Co-op. Being able to share the experience with friends would make this Campaign close to perfect. I would love to see this in a future patch! Spending a day with mates playing as 'B' Company working our way through the Campaign..

Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st March 2010, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2616

Arrow

Hi Ned,

Well i've read similar to your opinion that BC2 is a primer for the eventual BF3 coming down the pipe. I'm on my 2nd playing of the single player campaign. The first play through took me 7 hours on normal difficulty. This time however i'm taking my sweet time on easy mode looking for all the missed collectibles in the campaign.

The single player campaign holds its own but like many reviews on the Net. I tend to agree it isn't as stellar to receive a 9 out of 10. (your score) I would rather give this short single player campaign a 7.5 out of 10. However if your talking about the game in general, including the multiplayer components (besides downloadable content). Than i would concur on the 9 out of 10 for the game title overall.

Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 02:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 731

Buzzed

I am really enjoying the Multi-player/online part of the game, i suck at it but i am enjoying it. Still haven't finished the single player part, kind of stopped playing that once i tried the multiplayer part.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11359

Hi Atrayo,

My 9/10 score is just for the singleplayer

Before I started the campaign I really wasn't expecting much. I thought at best it may look good but will probably be a token addition to the game. I was wrong!

An overall game score drops for me with BF Bad Company 2..
• no public dedicated servers
• no LAN play
• magic auto healing
• stat noobs

There's a lot more I could go on about regarding the multiplay... my point in this thread was to highlight that the singleplayer campaign is well worth playing (in my opinion).

Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

stat noobs are in every game though, so i just ignore them...
as with BC1, the maps for mp were just taken from the SP campaign but with more detail to some parts and less detail to others.... which i dont actually like much because it gives the feeling that they were cutting corners and being lazy with the mp design even though the maps are absolutely epic... just kinda leaves you wondering, "what if they designed a map purely for MP gaming?"

but either way, the single player was pretty good. though it takes on a much more serious tone than the first bad company, and really doesnt explain why they are still in the army after driving off with literally a truck full of gold bars. oh and wtf happened to that legionaire boss guy who managed to survive his chopper exploding in mid air after being hit by like 6 rockets?
i give it an overal 7/10 because despite being a good game, you cant really say the story continues on from the first one....

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2616

Thumbs up

Hi There,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned
Hi Atrayo,

My 9/10 score is just for the singleplayer
I hear ya.

In the May magazine issue of "PC Gamer" here in the States. The game reviewer Evan Lahti was harsher on the single player campaign than all of us combined. (on pg. 57)

His overall score was 81 out of 100 for the game itself.

Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote