Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th May 2011, 02:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

More DLC goodness on its way..

Quote:
Fallout: New Vegas is getting three new DLCs in the coming months, all to be released simultaneously on the PC, PS3 and 360. Bethesda has announced the names of each DLC and their respective release dates.
Honest Hearts - MAY 17th

Old World Blues - JUNE

Lonesome Road - JULY

For details on each DLC..
SOURCE Fallout: New Vegas DLC Trio Detailed - Voodoo Extreme
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th May 2011, 02:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Meaning we should have waited for the GOTY edition with all the DLC included.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 01:53 PM   #43 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1407 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

I love/hate this game. Love it because at it's core it's an excellent storyline with many optional ways to complete the game, a wide open world and the ability to pretty much do whatever you want.

I hate this game because, even doing all the tips and tricks, my save games corrupted at ~the 60 hour mark, but the results of that corruption didn't become apparent to the 110th odd hour of play... Right at the final battle... Where the game now CTD's every time I enter a location to continue the final battle...

So pissed I haven't bothered to go play the DLC (was going to do it after finishing the main quest) yet because it might also be broken...

So if you're playing, make sure you save some milestone points and turn off autosaves. Plus pray you don't get corruption from other sources.

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 10:19 AM   #44 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Bethesda has released a trailer for the new Fallout: New Vegas DLC, called "Lonesome Road". This is the fourth DLC for New Vegas, and it will be available on September 20th.

Quote:
In Lonesome Road you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of Fallout: New Vegas. Ulysses promises the answer as to why he didn't take the job, but only if you make one last journey into the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. It's up to you whether you take the job or not.

SOURCE Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road Trailer - Voodoo Extreme
Old 15th September 2011, 11:37 AM   #45 (permalink)

Pensive

You tease Ned, I thought there was new info out! Can't wait for the Final Fallout NV DLC.

''This is your road Courier and when you walk it, you'll walk it alone.'' — Ulysses

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
Old 21st September 2011, 08:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Lonesome Road released.. late but released!

Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road on Steam
Old 21st September 2011, 10:06 AM   #47 (permalink)

Pensive

Woootage!

Old 23rd September 2011, 05:19 AM   #48 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 10

Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
I hate this game because, even doing all the tips and tricks, my save games corrupted at ~the 60 hour mark, but the results of that corruption didn't become apparent to the 110th odd hour of play... Right at the final battle... Where the game now CTD's every time I enter a location to continue the final battle...
This. I had Fallout 3 for the PS3, and by the time I beat the game and started doing the DLCs my file had just about had it. I still haven't seen the Pitt because I'm stuck inside Zeta. I realized the problem was the motion blur mixed with the energy weapon disintergrations (for the most part, I did crash in other places too...buying or selling too many things at once for example.) There was some talk of deleting your cache, but that didn't help me for very long.

So with New Vegas I tried the 360, hoping it would solve those problems. It didn't (though they were reduced.) I just finished Lonesome Road so this file has seen everything except Dead Money, and I was struggling in parts. Had to reload often, even crashed the 360 a few times. The series kicks butt but part of designing a game is knowing your limitations and working within them, that's the only part they didn't get quite right. You can't blame a console player for not having a good enough rig or settings.

The next bit on Lonesome Road isn't exactly spoiler-ish, but I for one hate hearing much ahead of time so you've been warned.

I have to say it's my least favorite DLC because it feels rushed, which is pretty weird because it was pushed back twice. For being mostly one hallway on rails, there were so many places I fell through the mesh (or enemies did) that it doesn't seem well made at all. If that was a custom level on a mod site I'm sure people would be giving it a worse score because of it. The story itself promises a lot, but I didn't feel like I got all of the answers I was looking for. According to some fan sites, Ulysses' timeline doesn't even make sense because he was originally supposed to be a party member in the base game, and his history kept getting changed around as he was modified.

Last edited by Compass Rose; 23rd September 2011 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Wouldn't want to spoil anything for others...I don't even like reading the backs of books before I buy them.
Compass Rose is offline   Reply With Quote