Friday, 13 August 2010
SOURCE GSC Game World - News
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 in development, officially
GSC Game World announces S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - the official sequel to best-selling game series - in development now. A completely new multi-platform technology developed by GSC will make the core of the game.
"After the official sales of the series exceeded 4 million copies worldwide, we had no doubts left to start creating a new big game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe. This will be the next chapter of the mega-popular game players expect from us" - said Sergiy Grygorovych, CEO of GSC Game World.
The game is scheduled for release in 2012.
In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 a new storyline and new characters appear, although some familiar faces still remain
- Gang wars disappear
- GSC Game World studio in the game will make a more significant emphasis on the zone survival
- The project will be released on PC, Xbox360 and Playstation 3
- The game will support DirectX 11
A note about the multiplatform news..
SOURCE S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Game new Details
MS will be the primary platform for the game, and it is here that the new engine will be most effectively: on the PC the game will be more graphically advanced, so in matters of graphics, multi platform will not affect the project.
For those that don't know, here's some info on the series pre-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl  features an alternate reality. In the near future a second nuclear disaster occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant and causes strange changes in the area around it...
• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky  is a stand-alone prequel.
• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat  is a stand-alone sequel set shortly after the events in Shadow of Chernobyl.
The STALKER games have been developed on the X-Ray engine.