Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th August 2010, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11362

Default S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 *????*

Friday, 13 August 2010
Quote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 in development, officially

GSC Game World announces S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - the official sequel to best-selling game series - in development now. A completely new multi-platform technology developed by GSC will make the core of the game.

"After the official sales of the series exceeded 4 million copies worldwide, we had no doubts left to start creating a new big game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe. This will be the next chapter of the mega-popular game players expect from us" - said Sergiy Grygorovych, CEO of GSC Game World.

The game is scheduled for release in 2012.
SOURCE GSC Game World - News

In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 a new storyline and new characters appear, although some familiar faces still remain

- Gang wars disappear
- GSC Game World studio in the game will make a more significant emphasis on the zone survival
- The project will be released on PC, Xbox360 and Playstation 3
- The game will support DirectX 11

A note about the multiplatform news..
Quote:
MS will be the primary platform for the game, and it is here that the new engine will be most effectively: on the PC the game will be more graphically advanced, so in matters of graphics, multi platform will not affect the project.
SOURCE S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Game new Details

===

For those that don't know, here's some info on the series pre-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl [2007] features an alternate reality. In the near future a second nuclear disaster occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant and causes strange changes in the area around it...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky [2008] is a stand-alone prequel.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat [2010] is a stand-alone sequel set shortly after the events in Shadow of Chernobyl.

The STALKER games have been developed on the X-Ray engine.

Last edited by Ned; 7th August 2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added games-review.info content
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th October 2011, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11362

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will require a permanent internet connection | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

Quote:
Part of the content will be located on the server and downloaded as the game progresses. Permanent internet access is required. Text information, code and quests will be loaded through that connection. Software piracy is an issue for us, we try to fight it, but within reason.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 19

Breezy

I really enjoyed all but clear skys in the stalker franchise cant wait to play this...was such a fresh idea the first one was buggy, but dam it was good enough to froget about them
DiSoRd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2085

Confused

Looking forward to it as I love the other games, but this does worry me;

Quote:
A completely new multi-platform technology developed by GSC
The earlier games weren't very well optimized and quite buggy, now they've developed an all new engine? And it's multi-plat. The potential for disappointment is immense
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25469

Amused

Nobody else is bummed by the concept of always-on DRM?

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2085

Confused

My computer's always online anyway so couldn't care less. If they're replacing that intrusive TAGES crap with this new system then it's actually good news.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1234

Love the Stalker series so looking forward to it and they have actually backed away from the always on DRM comment, well for now at least

Games On Net :: General News: GSC Respond to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM Ruckus
Old 11th October 2011, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1433

Happy

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I have been waiting for this ... <3

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25469

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimahi View Post
Love the Stalker series so looking forward to it and they have actually backed away from the always on DRM comment, well for now at least

Games On Net :: General News: GSC Respond to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM Ruckus
Glad to hear it. I don't like being a legitimate customer who gets shackled with DRM on the premise I might break the law, completely ignoring that anyone who would do that removes the shackles in the first place.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Squad Officer
Squad Officer
Battlefield 3
Deadly - Post: 2439

Devilish

My concern is they only state that graphics won't be affected by the focus on the 360. While I'll like the lack of bugs due to the MS certification, I'm not going to like console focused gameplay. STALKER SOC remains one of the most immersive games I've ever played. If that gets diluted, I'm not going to be happy.

One good thing that might come of this is having all voiced dialogue instead of lots of reading. Lots of text isn't great for console gaming.

Hope they do it justice. Metro2033 didn't convince me that they know how to do multi-platform and properly cater to the PC audience. I'm tempted to think this will be STALKER, but not as we know it.
bigtabs is offline   Reply With Quote