Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th October 2010, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 7982

Default [MOH] Support activity help

Im ranking up my special ops dude and no matter how often I press the '6' key and no matter how long the score chain (?) is I cant seem to call in artillery or air strikes or strafe runs. All I seem to be able to do is hand out ammo, UAVs and the odd flack jacket.

What are the requirements to launch the heavy hitters? Am I using up my gos by handing out ammo?

Fighting Hell Fish |Division Captain (retired) Brink & BF 2142 | Sig by Ashlann | Brewing up a storm @MooCrkBrew

Redgum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th October 2010, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1212

Pensive

6 = support activity

5 = mortar strike, rocket strike etc

took a game or two to figure that out
Old 26th October 2010, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21390

Shocked

specs ops do what in support .... i have had mortar , rockets and missile at most i think i didn't even know the 6 key did anything ...

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 12:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1212

Pensive

not just spec ops, any loadout, key chain 6 = support action, 5 = assault action.
Support actions are fmj, flak vests etc for the team. Assault actions are the mortars an stuff.
Old 26th October 2010, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1242

Lurking

UAV is so helpful. What I like about the killstreaks in this is that they are similar feeling to the first mordern warfare, which to date is still my favorite of all MP FPS. What I've found with the killstreaks though is it can leave you very OP if you get lucky. Like the time when I was sitting right next to the spawn point of the enemy can kept bombing the crap out of them. I ended up getting the final killstreak on that map. My K/D was like 43/3.... yeah a little over powered.

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 807

I still cant work out what buttons do what. When I see the screen flashing I push 5 to send in the morters etc. I have no idea how to do flack vest etc.
Old 26th October 2010, 09:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21390

Shocked

Okay I went looking here it is buttons 5 & 6 offensive / defensive are the keys you need to press when you have qualified for a support action

Medal of Honor 2010: Scorechains and Support Action List

In Medal of Honor 2010 players are rewarded for good play with support actions, this is the game’s answer to Call of Duty‘s killstreaks, which have proved very popular with CoD players, in this article we will list all of the support actions available in the game.Let’s start with the basics, instead of it being a killstreak reward it is called a scorechain, which means a certain score has to be earned to unlock the support action, once unlocked there are either offensive or defensive actions to choose from.
Here we will talk about each the points need to earn certain support actions, click on the support action name for a brief description of what it does.
Let’s start with defensive actions, 50 points unlocks Intel/UAV, 100 points unlocks Match Ammo, 175 points unlocks Flak Vests, 250 points unlocks FMJ Ammo, 350 points unlocks Jammer, 450 points unlock AP (armor piercing) rounds and 600 points unlocks a Kevlar vest.
In my opinion the offensive actions are more exciting, 50 points unlocks Mortar Strike, 100 points unlocks Rocket Strike, 175 points unlocks Missile Attack, 250 points unlocks Artillery Strike, 350 points unlocks Strafing Run, 450 points unlock Air Strike and 600 points unlocks a Cruise Missile.
We have embedded an image below showing these support actions in a format which is easier to take-in, for more information check out the source link below.

Source: MedalOfHonorWikia

Support Actions are rewarded for attaining a threshold of points in a Score Chains. There are two types, offensive and defensive, and are either passive or non-passive. Generally speaking, the defensive options tend to be more team-friendly than the offensive option, last longer, and, for the most part, affect all the players on the team. On the other hand, the offensive options are generally area of effect, only having an affect on one area for a very limited amount of time. However, in cases where there is a vehicle involved, such as the M3A3 Bradley, or where there are embedded enemies, it may be more worth the points to use an offensive action.
Defensive

Defensive Support actions are designed to give the player (and temamates) an edge in normal combat, and as such will commonly be used by players trying to achive higher score chains without the risk of wasting a support action.
The following Defensive Support Actions are available: Press 6 on the Keyboard
  • Intel - Launches a UAV that circles the battlefield and highlights enemy soldiers on the player's minimap. Can be shot down by RPGs and rifle fire.
  • Match Ammo - Grants the player's team factory-grade precision ammo. 1.25x damage multiplier.
  • Flak Vests - Grants the player's team protective vests that are tougher than normal body armour. 0.75x damage taken.
  • FMJ Ammo - Grants the player's team ammunition designed to pierce light cover easily, as well as body armour. 1.50x damage multiplier.
  • Jammer - Launches a jammer that renders the enemy team's minimap blind. NOTE: Launching a UAV when jammed will not overule the jamming.
  • Sabot Rounds - Grants the player's team special armour-piercing rounds that easily punch through enemy body armour. 2x damage multiplier.
  • Ballistic Vests - Grants the player's team special protective vests that provide huge levels of protection compared to normal body armour. 0.50x damage taken.
Offensive

The following are offensive Support Actions and they are accessed by pushing 5 on the keyboard for the PC version:

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money

Last edited by Binary-Ninja; 26th October 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2079

Thanx B-N that makes sense to me now... not that I ever get kill streaks

Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβούμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote