Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th October 2010, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Wildstar
Competent - Post: 306

Fine
Default question on the latest MOH

Hey all,

Ive been thinking about getting the new MOH but im not 100% sure, been hearing bad things about it. Im more of the type to mainly play multiplayer and im wondering what its like compared to bc2? Does it have maps with vehicles or is it pure on foot and smaller maps?

Thanks
Venrith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th October 2010, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1212

Pensive

Mainly foot and relatively small maps, gameplay is fine but a bit campy.
Old 28th October 2010, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7148

Paranoid

I just can't get excited about it. It's not bad but the mechanics just aren't doing it for me.

The spawns are ridiculously horrible. The amount of times I appear to have spawned right in the sights of someone actively shooting or in the middle of a rocket or mortar strike is frustrating. On one game in 5 lives I would have spent *at the very most* 2 seconds worth of life. That just isn't fun.

Yet there are moments on some of the larger and less campy maps where the gameplay is very fun - just not often enough for me to go back for any length of time and wait for those small pockets of MP goodness.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3023

it gets a 3/10 from me, worst title i've purchased this year.
Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4572

Fine

My favourite game in a while. Polar opposite opinion to most other people. I think that this game is a step in the right direction with a few things that need to be addressed but mostly quite good.
Old 28th October 2010, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 36

Goofy
Wink

As a long time player of fps I think this opus is very different from the previous one, less intuitive and closer to CoD in the playstyle. I also think that you need a decent computer to really enjoy it. Despite the camping side mentioned below, I find it a very good title, many gaming style options, some bugs to be fixed but not a beta anymore and a real learning curve plus advantage to team play vs lone ranging.

I'd advise you to try it, typically the kind of game you love or hate without much in between.

PS : sniper free maps could become a real joy
Ahrd3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 27

I find it pretty good fun to play, with the odd bit of frustration thrown in for good measure. You need to be ready for the spawn and start running immediately or you WILL be spawn camped(especially on the smaller maps and game types). Combat mission is the best game type IMO. However, being the larger maps, it is sniper heaven. The trick is to use whatever you can to move forward ie: smoke grenades, rocket launches for cover. It is hard to function as a unit though with no ingame voice chat.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 02:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Wildstar
Competent - Post: 306

Fine

Thanks all, abit of mixed reviews there, I think i may get it but maybe when the price has decreased a little
Venrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 02:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Squad Officer
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
COD: Ghosts
Deadly - Post: 1250

Breezy

if your worried about price try HERE

about 20 of my clan mates from xTR purchased from there and i know a few toggers have as well....

@ $28 its not the end of the world if you end up hating it....

for the record i find it somewhere between BC2 and COD4, not too bad lots of action a little campy but nothing a lot of smoke wont cure...

oh the above link is for an EA Downloader key. Basically login to EA Downloader with your BC2 account details and redeem the game key then you simply download the UK version....
Old 29th October 2010, 08:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1241

Lurking

I would also put it somewhere between COD4 and BC2. I liked th change from BC. Not having to run for miles before you see anyone. I rarely get sniped myself or spawn camped. I mean it does happen, but it's no different to BC2.

I give the Multiplayer 8/10.

I gave Singleplayer 3/10.... it sucked.

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote