Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st October 2010, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 7948

Default [MOH] sniping has ruined this game

Well over the weekend it has reached a fraking tipping point!

Every server, every match was dominated by snipers not moving forward and not helping achieve objectives!

DICE had better fix this and nerf the sniper by at least 60% or there is no point playing this game. It is just a waste of time.

Sniping in BF2 and 2142 was well balanced it was a bloody skill to be good at it. With this release and BFBC2 its just ridiculous and shuts the game down so no one can achieve objectives or move forward (and yes I know how smoke works - but when you are the only one moving forward smoke does precious little).

Call me when its fixed.

Fighting Hell Fish |Division Captain (retired) Brink & BF 2142 | Sig by Ashlann | Enjoying Mount Gay Rum

Redgum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st October 2010, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2909

Tired

must be the matchs your in as i found that there to be only a handle of snipers in most matcher's i've had
camdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1212

Pensive

I played a few today where only 2 or 3 of the 12 on my side were moving up, the rest sit back and rack kills for zip while we died and spawned all the way back.
I did get into one where the team moved up well and spawns kept at the lead but those games are few and far between.
Old 31st October 2010, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Average - Post: 243

Cheeky

Absolutely agree, I won't play again until the patch comes out on the 2nd of November and if the sniping isn't any better I won't be back for good.
Old 31st October 2010, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 6079

Lurking

If they got rid of the KDR stats no one would play sniper!
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 806

Will they ever bring out a seriouse FPS without sniping? IMO sniping often adds no value to any FPS I play and often just slows down and ruins the game.
Old 1st November 2010, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Spammer - Post: 21201

Shocked

agree with Raw they need to remove it ... i have played so many games on MOH and BFBC2 where the game is full of snipers and no one is moving forward ... sometimes i want to TK them as i re-spawned on a sniper at back of map because he has moved up ...

the no sniper maps are good but not many spots and hard to find servers .. it brings the game back to life once they remove these useless players who insist on camping and not doing obj ...

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money

Last edited by Binary-Ninja; 1st November 2010 at 12:11 PM.
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 27

Yep, very frustrating. Especially when you only get one smoke nade and you got 150m of ground to cover. I don't think a sniper kit is required either. The combat scopes on the smg and assault rifles are powerful enough to be used from distance as an alternative.

Patch tommorrow, couple of days of death, then its time to change games. Farewell MoH. 'Twas fun while it lasted.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1798

Angry

The snipers might be a pain in the ass but if you have a look at the maps and the equipment you carry you can get around under cover and if need be the use of smoke is helpful. Granted some of the spawns where you get picked off can be fixed by an invincible delay for like 2 seconds when you spawn.
I think the biggest Issue I have had so far is no inbuilt comms or the grouping of friends.
That is the sort of stuff that promotes teamwork and when doing so you can seriously P@wn in this game.

There are snipers in every combat FPS thats why they inveted the knife.....or in this game the hatchet

"Put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye!!" ......
Milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Spammer - Post: 21201

Shocked

Milt it isn't the killing them part it is that is all they do sit back and do nothing but work on their KDR .. it is a issue in BFBC2 and MOH ... we are not talkign about 1 or 2 we are talking majority of team hence why they have made no sniper rule... this make the game stagnate and no one can move forward to complete obj

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote