Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th December 2010, 03:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 26

Cheerful
Default OFDR

Hi guys, there has been some FPS game in the list, such as ARMAII, BBC2, CODs, and more. I wonder why Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is not on the list. I think OFDR is a good game that quite close to real wars and I am pretty sure that TS3 will be very useful when you play OFDR. It has some vehicles and helicopters just like BBC2. Has anyone ever play OFDR?
Gabriell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th December 2010, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4186

I have it, but never really got into it.
Old 16th December 2010, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

The lack of dedicated server support and the inablility to customise difficulty settings killed it for the PC market. It could have been an excellent game in my opinion.

There are a few TOGgers who played this and many threads in this forum about the game. Do a search and post in a few
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 26

Cheerful

yea, i tried...maybe the admins should make one or two server..hehehe...I watched it in youtube someone played infiltration, which i think is similar to rush in BC2, online and it looks fun too!...I was about to go to EBGames to trade-in my game but then i saw the online gameplay in youtube as well as the new mission pack called "RED..(something).." i don't remember and i changed my mind...
Gabriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriell View Post
yea, i tried...maybe the admins should make one or two server..hehehe...
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is clearly a console port and has some "issues" (which are fatal for some folks), but it's still a fun game if you accept it for what it is - a half-way point between Call of Duty and ArmA II.

It had some incredible potential, but alas (again, being driven by focus on the console market) the various issues were not fixed (they didn't need to be fixed for the console market, only the PC users wanted changes). MP is pretty much dead (if you actually want to enjoy yourself), but SP and co-op are still fine if you can find enough like-minded players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriell View Post
but then i saw the online gameplay in youtube as well as the new mission pack called "RED..(something).." i don't remember and i changed my mind...
Operation Flashpoint: Red River is not a "mission pack" for OFPDR, but rather a completely separate game - a sequel. Apparently multiplayer is gone, but co-op through the campaign is still present (which was a more fun experience anyway). In a clear sign Codemasters are concentrating on consoles and only see this is a short-lived title (ie., they're not setting the game up for a long life with mods/etc.), they're apparently not going to include the mission editor in the PC version anymore.
Old 28th December 2010, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1514

Happy

I have it ... let me know if you want a game

Just dont play much well none atm seems like there was never anyone to group with

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote