The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Call of Juarez: The Cartel (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/344314-call-juarez-cartel.html)

Ned 9th February 2011 04:25 PM

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Quote:

February 7, 2011 – Today Ubisoft announced the development of Call of Juarez® The Cartel, the third game in the award-winning Call of Juarez series.
Quote:

This first-person shooter brings the lawlessness of the Old West into present day. You'll embark on a bloody road trip from Los Angeles to Juarez, Mexico immersing yourself in a gritty plot with interesting characters and a wide variety of game play options.

Take justice into your own hands in this modern Western shooter.
Ubisoft - Call of Juarez The Cartel
Call of Juarez: The Cartel | Ubisoft

I really enjoyed Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. For me I'm unsure if the series will 'work' going into the modern setting.. time will tell. Something new in the series is a co-op option (3-player) which is a natural progression from the previous title where you can play one of two brothers throughout the campaign.

Ned 22nd February 2011 02:33 PM

Mexican Congressman Wants Call of Juarez: The Cartel Banned | GamePolitics

Quote:

he wants to keep it out of the hands of Mexico’s children. Also to many on both sides of the Mexican-U.S. border, The game's setting and plot are too much like what is really going on in towns around Mexico. Ubisoft's description of the Techland-developed sequel explains what the game is all about:

"You'll embark on a bloody road trip from Los Angeles to Juarez, Mexico immersing yourself in a gritty plot with interesting characters and a wide variety of game play options. Take justice into your own hands in this modern Western shooter."

RussTnailZ 30th April 2011 07:54 PM

Oooh now this is intresting. I too really enjoyed bound in blood this could be a nice little departure from the military shooters or while BF3 gets patched up as we all know it will be released broken

Ned 5th July 2011 07:03 AM

26-May-2011

Available for pre-purchase now on Steam..

Pre-purchase Call of Juarez®: The Cartel on Steam

===

18-June-2011

Co-op Trailer..

*LANGUAGE WARNING*

===

05-July-2011

All Sorts of Call of Juarez: The Cartel Media - Voodoo Extreme

Quote:

Ubisoft has unloaded a bunch of images to whet your whistle

Ned 14th July 2011 10:07 AM

Multiplayer Trailer!

Bort 30th July 2011 07:51 PM

Reviews on the console are pretty bad - is there any reason to think the pc version will be ok? I actually picked this up as a cheap preorder a while back - assuming it was going to be more Western fun. That may have been a mistake.

Ned 7th August 2011 10:33 AM

Ignore console reviews in my opinion, it's a different world. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood was a very good game. Great single player and a good multiplayer. I too am more in favor of the western theme but I'll give this a go. The main thing I dislike with Ubisoft games are their horrendous multiplayer master servers. Trying to play Far Cry 2 and COJ: Bound in Blood multiplayer games is just painful. IF you can eventually login to ubisoft and actually get onto a server without errors then you'll have fun playing.

Ubisoft make good games but fail hard with their multiplayer logistics.

Ned 9th September 2011 08:17 PM

Released!

Ned 4th June 2013 09:30 AM

Has anyone here given this game a run, particularly the co-op?