Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th March 2011, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Average - Post: 229

Cool
Default Unranked crysis 2 servers appear to work

it seems that the unranked servers are working better than the ranked, that dont seem to work at all, if anyone is still trying to get a game. ITS BLOODY AWESOME

Old 25th March 2011, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21271

Shocked

yeah not sure but try all server in all regions ... i have ranked up to 10 today on US and UK servers my ping was 180 - 240 and not a problem at all playing i was getting near top of ladders with that pin and others had 50 ping and were at bottom ...

the way the engine works makes it playable up to that ping where as other games over 100 and your doomed

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2540

Fine

Wow a game we can play on an international level & not just the Ausie ones that's got to be cool
Old 26th March 2011, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Shocked

yeah i do not know where having a bad ping begins for this game but it seems a lot of aussie are jumping on the US / UK servers that have a reasonable ping .... today the server ping said 234 and i was actually 175 and still fine

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Old 27th March 2011, 04:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ves
Average - Post: 155

Fine

Badness, are you playing it on PC?
Ves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7208

Paranoid

I had some ranked fun on Aussie servers yesterday. I don't know if the admins are keeping an eye on them and rebooting them when they go funny or a patch has been rolled out to them..? Seems a lot more stable in that regard.

I'm having an issue with the friends list. Trudge sent me a request and someone else who's name I don't recall and I accepted both. Neither of them show up on my friends list..
Purg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ace - Post: 7652 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Blah

if there is anyone out there that has experience rcon admining crysis servers, please PM me? I can not get rcon to work.

I've asked the devs and I've asked the server providers and the community forums. No one has been able to give me a answer that works. It seems that this idea that customers would want to rcon a server in realtime has caught the devs by surprise. Blackops server may not have worked properly on day1 and arguably still dont; but at least Treyarch had an official rcon tool (and protocol) for us to use.

With the level of bugs and things missing from day1 releases of games lately...I think I'll go back to table top gaming....or maybe TV?
Old 27th March 2011, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1241

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ777 View Post
....or maybe TV?
You take that back!

lol

I'm loving the maps. Most of the maps seem to have some inside area for close quarters combat and some outside areas for long distance shooting. Combine that with the ability to run around really fast, or sneak your way across the open areas while cloaked, and you're got yourself some really dynamic game play.

I also like that there isn't like 10 guns for each class. I liked MOH for that as well. The MP feels similar to MW 1. Which in my opinion was the most balanced MP of the last 5 years.

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Shocked

yeah day 1 games and issues are more common place but Crysis 2 seems to be quiet good compared to some previous titles .. i cant comment on the rcon side but i know Ausgamers , Internode and a few other Aussie sites have been running with admins in game so they must be doing something to run it