The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Mech has evolved! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/354532-mech-has-evolved.html)

Leevers 31st March 2011 11:47 PM

Mech has evolved!

I know many of you if not all that visit this side of tog are big fan boys of MechWarrior.

However I'd like to present you with a video of a new game called 'Hawken'.
This game is very much a work in progress, but my god it makes MechWarrior look like child play

delushin 1st April 2011 11:07 AM

Visually I am liking it ... and when it comes out no doubt I will buy it, but I do love the massive machine feeling you get in MW and MWLL ... Having said that the above video might have just been showing lights.

Still though the MW: Reboot trailer gives me more excitement.

Stuman 9th April 2011 10:57 PM

It looks like an awesome FPS

Purg 10th April 2011 07:25 AM

Wow - that looks awesome, especially for an Indie.

Macross 13th April 2011 09:41 AM

They have released another vid.. this is looking very cool... i would get it for sure.

Dressy 16th April 2011 05:16 PM

Not sure about all the bunny hopping, but it does look real nice!

2_islands 16th April 2011 07:12 PM

A little to much kanga play, keep counter strike players happy, but looks good.

Reoh 29th August 2011 01:58 AM

Another too, some gameplay here but its basically starting to set a storyline into place.

Kess 31st August 2011 12:46 PM

As a mech fan I must say I nearly wet my pants when I saw this.

It seems to be an interesting fusion of the simulation style of mechwarrior and the fast jetting around of the armored core games. Interesting mix indeed!

I'm actually glad its not an exact mechwarrior clone (altough from a quick glance it does look like it). I don't want any games taking away the thunder of the MW series. I love the slow, deliberate and simulation style gameplay that it holds so strong. No other game should take that away from it.

Reoh 31st August 2011 04:13 PM

New "Desert" map gameplay trailer. They sure are releasing a lot of clips, that gets me excited about release dates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kess (Post 3248030)
As a mech fan I must say I nearly wet my pants when I saw this.

It seems to be an interesting fusion of the simulation style of mechwarrior and the fast jetting around of the armored core games. Interesting mix indeed!

I'm actually glad its not an exact mechwarrior clone (altough from a quick glance it does look like it). I don't want any games taking away the thunder of the MW series. I love the slow, deliberate and simulation style gameplay that it holds so strong. No other game should take that away from it.

Well its more action jumping around which I think is good. Mechwarrior was always more sim in many regards and I think this faster pace will play out more favorably with the modern gamer. not that I wouldn't be all over a new mech game (*COUGH*Smith&Tinker*COUGH*).

Although you did remind me of the original CGA Mechwarrior. My pc had a "turbo" function that I could use which accelerated time in game as well. that 4-5min run into combat? 4-5seconds. ;)