Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th April 2011, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 64

Lurking
Thumbs up Homefront Multiplayer Review Responce

Gday folks i feel homefront has a lot of potentual and i have moved away from bc2 since i had homefront, as i like the concept of useing remote control drone vewhicals to chase those sus players & campers around lol.
I feel the maps are very well desighned for stratigic and sneaky game play.
But i suck at flying Big real choppers in this game even though i was good at flying in bc2,
The drone chopper is easy to fly though..
The game is growing and as i seen a few regular toggers on my turky shoot server i wonder what there impressions of the game are, so here is were you can write your review of homefront, and if we keep starting homefront topics we will get a homefront catagory in forum to promote the game for would be players.

Last edited by fat fly; 25th April 2011 at 04:18 PM.
fat fly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th April 2011, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 429

Fine

Games good get it. I suck at reviews I just like the game more so than cod blops.
cheers

If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 64

Lurking

cheers flex thanks, also guys its cheap to buy on ebay around $45 or download here for $49 Direct2Drive: Buy Homefront Download
or steam dl for $70
fat fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Overpriced, don't pay more that 5$ as this game is terrible. Or go play FFOW, same thing really.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12265

Really?? That's been my fear (scarred victim of FFOW here too) but hearing some good things... care to elaborate?
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 12

Best game i ever played since unreal 1.
Maps are very good and lots of cover.
Best game i found for snipering and rifles are good, 1 headshot kill and 2 body shots kill, and no wavey scope unlike cod crap.
Drones are a pain when being killed by them but they are very satasfying to use.
FFOW was a experimental flop but this aint, as the developer has put this game together very well this time and took all the good things from the bc2 and call of duty like custom class and perks.
And you earn money in round to buy vehicals and equipment for the round, plus you spawn in vehicals or even cheaper a team mates vehical.
Also over 25 Aussie dedicated commercial servers.
My opinion it was worth every cent and i thank Kaoss studios for there carefull work on this great game.

Last edited by rodent; 26th April 2011 at 05:44 AM.
rodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 429

Fine

yep drones r lots of fun. I got burnt by front lines so was a bit hesitant but glad i did. Drones are heaps of fun and snipers pfft. There just targets for my drones.

If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2045

Relaxed

Yup, good game, need more players!
Old 26th April 2011, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre8 View Post
Really?? That's been my fear (scarred victim of FFOW here too) but hearing some good things... care to elaborate?
Honestly its just more of the same but sadly even though this is a rehash it's still buggy. Servers are generally awful and buggy, there seemed to be a lot of "suss" players right at launch and it's not getting any better.

Non destructible environments is one of my biggest gripes, watching the enemy hiding behind indestructible wooden plank fences as you fire at them is just so outdated and stupid.

The drones are fun for 5 mins tops if your a decent fps player, I'm sure it fun for certain players to hide in a corner and try and frag people remotely but honestly they make the game so utterly pointless and ultimately uninteresting. Plus god forbid you should find a suss player with a suss drone, the pain never ends.

One bright point would be that the hit rego seems adequate.

Lets not even bother talking about single player, it's horrible.

With Brink right around the corner and BF3 coming out in Sept I don't see this being a viable game at all in the long term and hence a waste of money. Hell if it was any good it would have a Tog Div already.

TL;DR

Buying a copy of Red Dawn would be a far better use of your time and money and will deliver the experience that this game promised but never delivered.

Wolverines!

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."

Last edited by King_Rocket; 26th April 2011 at 12:39 PM.
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12265

Love/d Red Dawn!!

So basically it's a cross between FFOW and the latest Medal of Honor game (can't even remember what it was called)...

And to those who like it - keep liking it Nobody will ever be able to make a game that appeals equally to all, so if it works for you, keep at it!

But for me, I think I'll go by my gut instincts and hold off. Brink in a few weeks - and KR, I doubt we'll see BF3 until late November/December.
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote