Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th June 2011, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25501

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgum View Post
  • One bloke was unstoppable - he could run 5 times faster than everyone else and was killing everyone instantly.

That's true over just about every MP FPS game I've ever played though, at times anyway. Some worse than others.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30th June 2011, 07:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4586

Fine

MOH rocked... and helped pay for BF3... I have the demo of HF also now and would like to check out a local server...
Old 30th June 2011, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ace - Post: 7678 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghoidal View Post
MOH rocked... and helped pay for BF3... I have the demo of HF also now and would like to check out a local server...
went to find you and you're offline. steam msg me when ur back if you up from a run tonight...
Old 30th June 2011, 09:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4586

Fine

Funny that trying to finish some assignments for a business course.. but what the heck!! Logging on now!
Old 5th July 2011, 08:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1242

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ777 View Post
MOH now there is a game that is undervalued
Agreed! I still play the MP every now and then. It's a solid game.

AS for HF. I got on a 300+ server as well. My opinion.... It lacks weight. It looked okay. It was fun for the first 5 minutes cause I was dominating the game, however after I got over that there is nothing here that I can't see being done better on other games. I'm one for using vehicles as well so the kill streak points were silly to me. I just rained down missiles from the airplane.

As for the 'lacks' weight. It plays like the old shooter games before your characters were super human, kinda like Halo (which I don't like). I would rather feel like I'm a slow fat man (ie. BC2 or Killzone 2 & 3). It just makes the game more interesting to me. I won't be spending any money on this.

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 02:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Amused

LMAO.

Just realised Homefront is on steam's summer sale for $60.

OR

You can buy the THQ complete pack, including Homefront, for $50 (with 13 other games).

We need you, Citizen!
Old 7th July 2011, 02:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoh View Post
LMAO.

Just realised Homefront is on steam's summer sale for $60.

OR

You can buy the THQ complete pack, including Homefront, for $50 (with 13 other games).
(edit button is broken)

Quote:
Includes 14 items: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction Guerrilla, Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising, Metro 2033, Darksiders™, Homefront, MX vs ATV Reflex, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution

We need you, Citizen!
Old 8th July 2011, 11:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1242

Lurking

Just finished playing to single player campaign. If I had actually paid for the game I would have been really disappointed. SP took me about 4 hours. So as far as single player games go that is seriously weak. 8 hours minimum it should take me. At least for a game that came out at $90 retail. The actually SP game play was pretty awesome. I had a lot of fun playing the game. Story is pretty good. I like the setting. The story telling is pretty weak though. Not that it really matters cause the game play is fast and action packed which is really what keeps you interested.

Is there anything new here? Nope. Like someone else said they pretty much just tried their best to make something like COD4:MW. I think they did an okay job. Not as good as COD by any stretch, but I enjoyed the time I played. I am glad however that I didn't pay for it as I don't think I will play through the SP again and going off of the MP demo I don't want to play that. I may purchase it later on when it's like $20 as I do feel that they developers did a nice job and would like to see a second game as long as they make the SP longer, oh and change the gun sounds so not every gun sounds exactly the same as each other.

I give it a 6 and a half /10

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 06:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5825 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Well regardless I'm loving the game. I don't know why ppls are saying the gfx are poor. I've played many a FPS and IMO the gfx are quite good.

Download the demo and have a play on MP. That's how I started out and I'm glad I did.

Hook us up on steam if you buy the retail. Would love to play with toggers!
Quickie is offline   Reply With Quote