PC, Played all the betas and alphas.
The tie into the show is an episodic quest chain with tv show toons, and the new content supposedly paces with the show... the funny thing is the game will encourage tv show piracy since Syfy doesnt broadcast to most of the planet live... but most of the planet can get the game (on multiple gaming platforms)
* The "Origin" is NOT a class system. its a background story, it doesnt effect gameplay... only effects your start. It picks your starting weapon and your starting outfit. All players can use all weapons.
* All other character creation options are cosmetic.
* You get a vehicle pretty early, so you wont be running everywhere :P
* Your secondary weapon can be any weapon
* The Roll ability can help you dodge projectiles and escape slime. (see keybindings, the game doesnt tell you about this)
* Rebinding the Vehicle Boost key to your Mouse RMB is awesome.
* Critical hits are for headshots. Do more damage
* Enemies have weakpoints and armored sections, learn them, weakpoints are usually glowing.
* Arkfalls and some boss fights have gimicks, listen for the clues, cause certain fights require you to kill / not kill mobs (selectively), so blind murdering everything leads to failure.
* Your experience bar gives you one ego point per full bar.
* Your Ego Score is your "level" sort of... it goes up 10 points per full XP bar, but also pursuits (achievements) and by doing certain story missions. Bonuses and content unlocks based on this.
* Weapons dont really level like RPGs, you can get more mod slots at major levels milestones... but the base stats stay the same. So look at the weapon descriptions for effects/bonuses and their quality (green, blue, purple)
* Each weapon has its own exp bar (leading to a bonus stat) if it maxes out, you stop earning weapon skill points though which is confusing for new & old players (there is suppose to be a way to refresh the weapon exp bar so you can continue to earn skill points, but not yet implemented)
* Ego Calculator Defiance Central
* While you can choose any weapon, and any 4 Ego Powers, and play how you choose... the designers did kind of make the perks/pursuits relate to weapons. Blur favours Shotguns, Cloak favours Snipers, Overload favours Assault Rifles / Infectors, Decoy favours Large Machine Guns & BMGs.