Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th November 2011, 05:57 PM   #61 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 6081

Lurking

co op is the way to go,just make sure who ever is hosting has the best connection
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th November 2011, 09:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 484

Fine

One question, what is the purpose of taking hostages? Does it slow down the cops spawn or is it just in case you get arrested and can then do exchanges?

Aldmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 09:50 PM   #63 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3192

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldmw View Post
One question, what is the purpose of taking hostages? Does it slow down the cops spawn or is it just in case you get arrested and can then do exchanges?
... if you have hostages, the cops will not go so harsh behind ya and you can swap them for arrested members ...

STEAM-ID: TOG | TONSCHUH || ORIGIN-ID: TOG-TONSCHUH
DIABLO-3-BattleTag: SKOLOPENDER#1521 (ASIA + AMERICAS | OZ)
Main-D3-RoS-Char: BoneCrusher
My Rig
TONSCHUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 11:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 484

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONSCHUH View Post
... if you have hostages, the cops will not go so harsh behind ya and you can swap them for arrested members ...
Ah I see, thanks

Aldmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 05:20 AM   #65 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 28

I debated whether I should start a new thread or necro this one. In the end I went with the latter, obviously.

So Steam is holding another free-to-play weekend for PAYDAY. There is also a nice sale going on with the game and DLC.

What to expect for those new to the game: it's from a smaller studio, so those expecting a AAA game engine will certainly be disappointed. The graphics and animations are functional and get the job done, but there isn't any wow factor here.

Where it excels: gameplay. The soundtrack is also excellent. Of course whether the gameplay will appeal to you is entirely subjective, but there is some great co-op MP here. On the higher difficulties teamwork and strategy are essential to getting through the maps, which enhances the co-operative experience further.

I have over 112 hours in the game and while I haven't touched it in a while I would love to jump back in and run a few heists with any TOG'rs who are interested.
EST/GMT-5)
LiquidFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 11:26 PM   #66 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 541

Chatty

When I brought this back in Steam's summer sale I played it non stop for about a month and really enjoyed it, however the downsides I found was that, on more than one occasion you would have teammates who wouldnt listen, would just run and gun an entire map and then crack it when he dies and no one can get to him because hes pissed off every cop in the greater metropolitan area. Other than that my only other annoyance is normally if you fail the mission thats it everyone bails on the game instead of trying again.

Other than that its a great game and if you can get a group together it would be even better.
Old 19th March 2013, 10:37 AM   #67 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 28

Anyone still playing this? Or looking to run a few heists? After the recent PAYDAY 2 announcement(s) I am looking to get back into this for a few hours a week.

I have a huge backlog and with BioShock Infinite releasing next week I will probably be MIA (from MP games).

Still, if anyone's interested please add me on Steam. Thx.
EST/GMT-5)
LiquidFoo is offline   Reply With Quote