Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2011, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Default The Power of Achievements | TOG Feature

If you haven't already done so, check out this article by TOG Thermal Ions on the TOG front page..

The Power of Achievements PC Feature | TOG - The Older Gamers

Playing for Achievements can provide a huge variety in the way you play a game with some of them being very challenging. Another reason why I like Steam.

Like Thermal says..
Quote:
achievements are something that you can choose to ignore if you so wish, with little impact upon your gaming experience

Some games I purposely go for Achievements and other games I ignore them. It's co-op achievements I have the most fun with.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th September 2011, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1680

Cynical

Know what you mean. For example, I have completed about 50%+ of the Civ5 achievements and deliberately try to complete them even with civilisations that don't really appeal to me. Some other games achievements I ignore completely.
recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25471

Amused

A game without cheevo's is like a child without laughter. )=

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 03:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6628

Grumpy

I personally love cheevo's they have been a great addition, though admittedly i wish i got a cool sound effect for steam ones like my PS3. Give me a cool sound and i would be all over steam
Old 17th September 2011, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Achievements have got me completely hooked on gaming (again). I'd like to see an overview/summary of all my achievements on Steam, like the PS3 does, with percentage of achievements completed, etc. As far as I am aware, this isn't available on Steam. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
flynnious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 02:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25471

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnious View Post
Achievements have got me completely hooked on gaming (again). I'd like to see an overview/summary of all my achievements on Steam, like the PS3 does, with percentage of achievements completed, etc. As far as I am aware, this isn't available on Steam. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
On a per game basis there is, just checkout your profile, achieves on the right, and you can see what you have / don't as well as comparing against global achieves % of everyone who has that game.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote