Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 508

Lurking

No problem, I'll jump on teamspeak tomorrow night around 8, also I tried to join the NS2 TOG steam group but its invite only, will have to set that up at some stage, no rush though
Ant85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3rd November 2011, 10:24 AM   #32 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4601

Fine

Have sent the invite to you Ant. Welcome
Old 4th November 2011, 12:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
Average - Post: 151

Thank you for the great turn out tonight lads, good effort all round. Funny enough after our little praccy NS2HD posted this video: NS2HD[314] - Announcement - Natural Selection 2 Beta - YouTube
stating that he has decided to hold of the tourney for the time being. Not sure when it will be happening now but his reason is that we dont want to be playing on this build when there are two massive builds just around the corner that would better suit the publicity this tournament will bring.

Im not going to lie, little relieved - dont know about the rest of you but I felt we arent quite on top of our game at the mo

Would still love to get together at least once a week still for practice sessions and really get our team work nailed. Get some proper scrims in and play the game the way it was meant the be played.

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 07:59 AM   #34 (permalink)

Lurking

Hey mate,

Just watched the vid that was posted, its a pretty fair call, currently aliens seem to have a pretty large advantage over marines in an evenly skilled match.
Its pretty hard trying to work out a game strat when the game itself isn't entirely finished, i.e most of last night I was playing marines without a gun animation, it just wasn't there! :P

Unknown worlds will surely change things that effect certain strats in a major way, but until then we could try to organise our marine strat, I've got a few ideas and ill be happy to put a few of them forward next time we prac!
Old 4th November 2011, 08:48 AM   #35 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1660

Amused

It was fun last night - thanks guys

Although Ant seems to good at a Skulk... its seems he was always killing me!!
DangerMouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 09:45 AM   #36 (permalink)

Lurking

haha sorry bout that, can't help myself :P i've spent plenty of time chomping marines, love playing the fade too! feels somewhat overpowered though at times.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:32 AM   #37 (permalink)
Average - Post: 151

NS2HD has offered to record our match tonight if we still want to have a friendly scrim with Mr. Putting it out there, who's keen?

Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 03:08 PM   #38 (permalink)

Lurking

Depends on the time, but if it still would be around 8pm I can make it
Old 4th November 2011, 04:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 8

Had heaps of fun last night, great to see TOG represent in force. I'll be able to play for a bit tonight.
Khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 05:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4601

Fine

Probably ok for a game. But not 2.5 hours worth sorry!

Last night was GREAT. Great to see a bunch of TOG players who are much better at NS and know more about NS strategy than we do! AND on top of that a big thanks to Chariot and Russell_coight, Mr x2571 who gave us tips and feedback on how to improve our Marine game. It really helped.

Good to discuss specific strategies, having a particular strategic idea in mind before starting the game and techniques to keep your marines alive and fighting on the field..

Looks like ONOS and Jetpack in next patch guys! I wonder if that's going to trash the balance once again.... but who cares! Space Cow Rhinosauras action on the way!