Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2009, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Default Mirror's Edge 2

Mirror's Edge 2 being honed by 'small team' - Report - News at GameSpot

Quote:
Prior to Mirror's Edge's tepid launch extending a shadow over the franchise's future, EA DICE senior producer Owen O'Brien said that the game's current storyline has been mapped out as a trilogy.
Quote:
"You will see another Mirror's Edge for sure,"
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17th June 2009, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7437

Yeehaw

Awesome, Mirrors Edge was one of my all time favourite games last year. Right up there with Left 4 Dead.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

I tried the demo and it seemed like a cool game but the controls on the PS3 take a bit of getting used too. A mate of mine gave me his copy after it gave him motion sickness so I really need to get around to playing it properly.

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Default Mirror's Edge 2

Quote:
Swedish developer DICE says production on sequel to well-received 2008 original has been put on hold; sales of original lower than expected.
Quote:
development on the title has since "stalled," and the developers have moved onto other projects
Assuming Battlefield 3..

And in the comments section..
Quote:
Smokescreened84
So once again a new idea doesn't do well and as a replacement, we get yet another slapped together army shooter. Joy.

SOURCE Mirror's Edge 2 development 'stalled' - Report - News at GameSpot
Old 15th February 2011, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12259

It's funny - Mirror's Edge got pretty good reviews around the traps. But I held off buying it until it was on sale during one of those crazy christmas sales - got it for around $5.... and still haven't played it!

I think the world really loves multi-player interaction. Doesn't really matter how, but if it's built from the ground up as multi-player, it seems to do well. But then there are titles like Mass Effect and Oblivion that just win on all fronts proving me wrong

But you can't blame a developer from backing the gift horse and dropping the shetland
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Quote:
The chances of a Mirror's Edge sequel have been significantly increased, after DICE producer Patrick Liu told SPOnG that any such project would "reach a broader audience."
SOURCE DICE: Gamers Are Ready For Mirror's Edge 2 - News
Old 6th December 2011, 03:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 15

Amused

I'm still playing the original -- about 10 hours so far, spread out over a looooong time. It's a great game some of the time but is the most frustrating game ever a lot of the time. I have trouble with one particular jump and every time I need it it takes me hours to get it right only to get shot dead a few minutes later and have to do the damn thing all over again. I'd still have a go at a follow-up though.
Old 6th December 2011, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
The Old Republic
Dangerous - Post: 972

Relaxed

I played the demo and enjoyed it so much I went out and bought the game the next day. Unfortunately, the developers seemed to think that the parkour(sp?) aspect of the game taht the demo focuses on isn't good enough and they had to add guns to the game. In my mind, Mirrors Edge had the potential to be a great game, but once they added guns and combat to the game it ruined a lot of it for me.
Old 6th December 2011, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 15

Amused

I agree that the combat is the biggest problem, but understand why DICE included it -- I think they felt it was needed to introduce a sense of urgency. For me the ability to save the game after a particularly tricky manoeuvre would make the whole experience far less annoying as it's the loss of all that effort that drives me nuts. I've read that DICE have taken a lot of the gripes about the game on board and plan on improving them in MR2. Let's hope so.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25471

Amused

I think adding combat takes away one of the things that made the game unique. If you toss guns in, it starts to become just another dime-a-dozen fps thats on the market.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote