The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Mass Effect 3 PC demo (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/415336-mass-effect-3-pc-demo.html)

@Threshold 12th February 2012 11:42 AM

Mass Effect 3 PC demo

Demo out Tuesday

Mass Effect 3 demo coming soon - and to PC! - PC Games - Game - News - Atomic MPC

Mass Effect

Valentines day decisions, hmmmm

well there is co-op right

Purg 14th February 2012 04:44 PM

I think I'll wait for release. Probably instant buy from me and don't really want to spoil anything.

Bawheidbob 15th February 2012 05:17 AM

I will probably get it but i preferred 1 and i think 3 is just a revamped 2.

Jakob_Pavlov 15th February 2012 10:47 AM

Got the demo, but am not planning on touching the Single Player side of it (saving that for when my pre-order arrives :))

Had a quick play with the Co-Op (on my own!).....not sold....but it might provide a few short-term giggles with some reliable squad mates on voice comms.

HATE the far too tight field of view (FOV) that has become common with consoles being lead platforms; makes me feel clostrophobic (<-sp?) and disorientated. Hope that there might be a FOV fix for the PC version by editing a config file or something. (Do the play testers never comment on this for the PC version?!?)

Redgum 15th February 2012 06:42 PM

I got it and will play it tonight. Thanks for the heads up

Edit: Played the SP and not impressed. I cant believe the space bar was the sprint/jump/hide/somersault/pickup/action key. It was not what I was looking for.

uninstalled.

SJ777 15th February 2012 08:01 PM

ive got ME and ME2 but have only played a bit of ME2 so I;m behind the 8ball alot. But having played a bit of the ME3 SP demo I see i could enjoy it for what it is - not planning on a getting it on release however.

Not overly impressed with the script, the acting, the animation so far. I am looking forward to parodys overdubbed on the video of the SP demo intro tho...some visuals there that leave things wide open.:p

anyway this is from someone who really doesn't know any better when it comes to ME:)

Thermal Ions 15th February 2012 08:01 PM

So Redgum, was this your first foray in Mass Effect or does this not bring to the table what you liked in ME1 or 2?

Carm 16th February 2012 04:45 PM

surely its customisable like ME2?

Redgum 16th February 2012 05:07 PM

sorry I didnt mean to sound like I dismissed it out of hand. I like shooters and future shooters really do the trick. The demo was my first look at ME and although it might be a great game it just isnt for me.

Drac 17th February 2012 12:55 AM

It's an RPG first, shooter second. If what you really wanted was a straight up scifi shooter/action game then you'll likely be disappointed.

I'm not really keen on the Multiplayer aspect of this game, I understand why they did it now, but all I really care about is the story.

Not even going to download the Demo for this one - don't want to spoil anything.