Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th March 2012, 06:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 6079

Lurking

Don't mind buying the games,heck don't mind paying for map packs (DLC),but draw the line on monthly subscriptions.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th March 2012, 07:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Leevers

I believe regardless of what people say initially, I think many would pay the fee.

Many pay subscription for foxtel yet we all know it's not worth it. Many pay ridiculous fee's for a gym membership, but we still do it.

List goes on and on and at the end of the day, whilst you still find enjoyment in it, you'll find a way to justify spending the money.

I for one won't be paying a subscription for an FPS game, although MMO with regular content updates and so fourth is justifiable for me.
Old 20th March 2012, 07:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7150

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevers View Post
I for one won't be paying a subscription for an FPS game, although MMO with regular content updates and so fourth is justifiable for me.
Keeping in line with my current FPS of choice, BF3. If additional content was created monthly, then I would show more interest in a subscription based model. Based on the content (or lack there of) creation of MW3 for consoles and their elite sca.. system, it doesn't seem that likely. I bought MW3 for two reasons - it abandoned 'elite' for PC but more importantly, SJ suggested I buy it when I was inebriated.

I understand the need for providing the local infrastructure for MMO based gaming - that costs BIG money. FPS work best with local resources where user pays.. or farmed out to a third party where, again, user pays.
Purg is online now   Reply With Quote