TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11359

Default TAKEDOWN *IN DEV*

Quote:
It was looking doubtful there for a while, but Christian Allen and the Serellan team have passed the $200,000 mark required to fund their kickstarter project Takedown -- a promised "hardcore tactical shooter" in the vein of the classic Rainbow Six and SWAT Games

SOURCE TAKEDOWN (needs you!)

Quote:
In recent years, shooters have become homogenized. There used to be a wide range of different games to choose, from run-and-gun action titles to slow-paced tactical shooters focusing on strategy and tactics, but now most shooters follow the same model of big set pieces, regenerating health, linear levels, and “cinematic experiences.” The realistic tactical shooters with in-depth planning have almost entirely disappeared in recent years.

This project, working title TAKEDOWN, aims to change that. This game, the spiritual successor to games like the original Rainbow Six and SWAT series, will focus on realistic weapons modeling, squad based play, in a close-quarters battle setting. To succeed in this game you need to take things slow, study your plans, and execute flawlessly. If you get shot, there are consequences. You won’t be hiding behind a wall waiting for your health to regenerate. If a team member goes down, you will have to assess the situation and reallocate team members if necessary to complete the mission. Don't expect all of the tools and plans to be forced fed to you - it is up to the player to ensure their team is equipped and ready for the tasks at hand.
Quote:
TAKEDOWN plans a single player campaign, co-op play, and competitive multiplayer. First Person view is planned on PC...
Quote:
TAKEDOWN is set in today’s world, with no sci-fi or future elements. You take the role of PMC’s (Private Military Corporations), taking on scenarios all over the world for a variety of employers with various objectives, including hostage rescue, asset recovery, security, and target elimination. You will have operatives from many different countries and backgrounds, and will outfit them with weapons and equipment from all over the world.
Quote:
PC will have a DRM free version available.
TAKEDOWN by Christian Allen, Serellan LLC — Kickstarter

EDIT: Official site - http://takedownthegame.com/

Looking good!

Last edited by Ned; 4th June 2013 at 08:28 AM.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd April 2012, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2815

Lurking

I had seen the Kickstarter project over at the ROF (Rise of Flight, another Indie Developer, I'm supporting) and think it's a brilliant idea. It's time People like this are given the chance to get PC titles out there, instead of the Bigger Software Companies releasing the same ole, same ole.....Thanks for the Heads up Guys...will definately be keeping My eye on this and spreading the word

If You Tolerate This, Then Your Children Will Be Next.
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leevers

hmmmm meh...

Honestly, there seems to be so many developers at the moment who are out to get back the old style of shooters and games that we all cry for, but at the end of the day, these private investors and small developers are always going to struggle to get final product to the market the way they intended. You can thank EA and Blizzard for that. Unless you have the funding along with the marketing power, it's always going to be an uphill battle.

I'd like to sit here and say I'm looking forward to this or I love the idea, but like everything these days... I'll believe it when I see it.

At the end of the day, having expectations these days is money down the drain.

Will watch and see what they make of it.
Old 4th June 2013, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11359

It's been a while since I looked at this one.

Official site:
Takedown Game Squad Based Tactical Shooter

The forums have more FAQs than the main site..
TAKEDOWN FAQ - Announcements & Updates - Serellan LLC

And for those interested, there's a Steam Group..
Steam Community :: Group :: TAKEDOWN Official

Cheers
nedd
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote