The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Crysis 3 *2013* (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/428303-crysis-3-2013-a.html)

Ned 23rd April 2012 11:13 AM

Crysis 3 *2013*

Quote:

The award-winning developer Crytek is back with Crysis®3.

Return to the fight as Prophet, the Nanosuit soldier on a quest to rediscover his humanity and exact brutal revenge. Adapt on the fly with the stealth and armor abilities of your unique Nanosuit as you battle through the seven wonders of New York’s Liberty Dome. Unleash the firepower of your all-new, high-tech bow and alien weaponry to hunt both human and alien enemies. And uncover the truth behind the death of your squad while reestablishing the power of human will in a rich story full of exciting twists and turns.

Crysis®3 is the ultimate sandbox shooter, realized in the stunning visuals only Crytek and the latest version of CryENGINE® can deliver. Assess Adapt, and Attack starting spring 2013 on Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, and PC.

Crysis3 Official Site

Alpha_Au 18th May 2012 01:29 AM

Some great concept art over here too. :)

Shirocco 26th May 2012 09:19 PM

Yeah... after the last one, i'm setting my expectations nice and low.

Ned 26th January 2013 09:13 PM

Open Beta available 29-JAN

Quote:

Players wanting to jump in on the action will be able to compete in two beta multiplayer modes; Hunter and Crash Site. The open beta will also feature two maps, the dark Museum map and the open field Airport map.
Hunter Mode: This multiplayer game mode is all about the survival of the fittest. There are two teams, initially comprised of two permanently cloaked “Hunters”, and up to fourteen CELL troopers awaiting extraction. Each trooper slain respawns on the Hunter team to prey on their former allies, building to a frenetic climax. If any of the troopers survive the round, the hunters lose. Whichever way you play, Hunter Mode delivers a heart-pounding test of strategy and survival.

Crash Site Mode: This multiplayer game mode is the ultimate King of the Hill type experience. An Alien dropship deploys a pod at random around the map. Players on each team must remain near the dropped pod in order to capture the zone and accumulate points. Each alien pod holds two shields players can utilize defensively as weapons. In addition, each Crash Site map will have a “Pinger”, a CEPH-constructed walking weapon of mass destruction. But be careful, other players can hijack the Pinger while you’re inside of it!

Minimum System Operating Requirements for PC:
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM
• Dual core CPU
• 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)
• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):
• Nvidia GTS 450
• Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
• Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD5770
• AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)
Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC:
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
• Quad core GPU
• 4GB Memory
• Nvidia GTX 560
• Intel Core i3-530
• Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD5870
• AMD Phenom II X2 565
Hi-Performance PC Specifications:
• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
• Latest quad core CPU
• 8GB Memory
• NVidia GTX 680
• Intel Core i7-2600k
• Example 2 (AMD):
• AMD Radeon HD7970
• AMD Bulldozer FX4150

SOURCE Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins January 29; The Nanosuit Gameplay Trailer Revealed - AusGamers.com
SOURCE Crysis 3 PC System Requirements; DX11 Cards Only; Windows XP Need Not Apply - AusGamers.com

Drac 3rd February 2013 03:54 AM

I liked the first Crysis but just couldn't get into the 2nd one. Got bored and it never really gave me a compelling reason to go back to it. I still have no idea what it was about despite putting several hours into it.

TONSCHUH 19th February 2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

This is the recommended GeForce driver for the Crysis 3. It delivers a smoother gaming experience, improves single GPU performance by up to 5%, and boosts SLI performance by up to 65% (compared to GeForce 310.90 WHQL driver).
GeForce v314.07 WHQL

:)

xenoph 19th February 2013 09:30 PM

I'm still not sure if you actually play games Ned, or just scour the web for new releases... :p

On topic, I've never actually tried the Crysis games. Always wanted to though - perhaps I should see if I can pick up the earlier ones for cheap.

TONSCHUH 19th February 2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenoph (Post 3777037)
I'm still not sure if you actually play games Ned, or just scour the web for new releases... :p

On topic, I've never actually tried the Crysis games. Always wanted to though - perhaps I should see if I can pick up the earlier ones for cheap.

I had a look into the Crysis-3-Beta and must say that I didn't like it.

When Crysis 1 + 2 came out I had underpowered PC's, so they was not enjoyable at all for me.

I think I will pass on this one, as I have already not enough time to play BF3 / BLOPS-2 / Aliens: Colonial Marines / Dead Space-3 / PlanetSide-2.

Dragonhammer 20th February 2013 05:04 AM

Crysis has always been a mediocre shooter at best,it was always way too easy with stupid AI even on highest difficulty it provided no challenge.
Crysis is the game you show to other people, non gamers what a PC can do but it continues to be a borefest that you completely forget what you have experienced the minute you have finished to game.
From a gameplay experience crysis 1 is still the surperior game of the 3 and that was 6 years ago, this is sad actually.
It shows the state the industry is in, churning out no risk mediocre crap.
Meanwhile the suits wonder why the games are selling bad and that it must be a sign of the times because people are playing on mobile and facebook.

No its because you are releasing pieces of crap that are boring to play.

TONSCHUH 20th February 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

- Crysis 3 multi-player: Improves CrossFire scaling by up to 40%
- Improves performance in the Crysis 3 Multi-Player Beta by up to 50% when 4x and 8x MSAA are enabled.
- Improves performance up to 15% in high MSAA cases for the Crysis 3 beta release
Catalyst v13.2 Beta 6