Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th November 2005, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tiger74

He is a good man that MaBell

Old 18th November 2005, 03:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3871

Scared

Cheers GreyEyes_Lang

Glad you had a good time stick around TOG players and i bet you will have many more
This is what makes TOG what it is today

Bikkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 03:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

Umm... hehehehe.... You made me blush...lol.

Thanks for the kudos, did you play under that handle or did you have a different name when we played?

As a side, I always strive to win, win, win! But I have always thought it best when a bunch of people can get together and accomplish something together, that's what brought me to TOG to begin with.

I don't know that I did THAT much to help you have the best game you had. I think it was probably everyone that was working together, and we probably had a pretty good commander who was following what my squad was doing and gave us better support than he did anyone else. That's been happening a lot lately, lol.

Whatever the reasons, I'm glad you had a good time and I look forward to more in the future. Thanks for stopping by to say those nice things about TOG and myself. I hope we get to hear a lot more from you in the future and possibly join when you are of age.

(slightly embarrassed now, lol )
Old 19th November 2005, 03:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Ok, so don't I feel like the moron now, I remember GreyEyes now, turns out I was the commander, not squad leader like I thought, lol. Aren't I just the idiot, lol.
Old 20th November 2005, 07:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 6

Yeah, I played under the same handle (GreyEyes.Lang). You might've gone commander for a while, but I know that you were our SL on Kubra Dam for a little while and then later on when we invaded that island trying to blow up the commander assets (Which map is that? I don't keep track of their names well). We even went on to board their ship and do some damage there, switching SL's as each one of our old ones went down, so we could keep spawning. That was a fun game. You guys even came back to pick me up off the asset island after that bombing run took out the rest of our squad. Fun stuff. You were our SL when we defended the TV station too. You and me were on C4 detail and kept blowing people up as they rushed the stairs, hahaha.

Do you play on that Laid Back Crew server often? I saw you there once yesterday (I think) but you were on the opposing team. I need to pick up a mic sometime so I'm not always the silent partner, heh. :P
GreyEyes_Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2005, 05:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Yeah, I remember now, lol. I almost always play on the LBC server. A lot of people know they can find me there, and if there is something interesting going on, they can come and get me from there if I'm even playing.

The map that we picked you up off the island was Gulf of Oman. The island only had three artillery pieces, and the ship had the UAV and Scan trailers. We really pissed them off from that island though, didn't we? LOL.

That TV Station defense is always a winner. As long as you have AT LEAST four people you are impossible to remove from inside that building. I came up with this plan the other night.

TV Station Defense Plan
  • 1. Medic (CM) - SL
    2. Support (SAW) - SM
    3. Spec Ops (SF) - SM
    4. Spec Ops (SF) - SM
    5. Engineer (ENG) - SM <--- (optional)
    6. Engineer (ENG) - SM <--- (optional)

The one SF stays in the little hallway with C4 placed on the deck of the flag at the base of the ladder at the top, the other SF stays at the top of the stairs on floor 2 with C4 on the middle landing between floor 1 and 2, the SAW and CM stay on the middle landing between floors 2 and 3 and act as over watch.

The SAW gunner should be watching up the stairs to make sure no one is dropped off on the roof of the building, and the CM keeps requesting UAV support when it gets bad as well as healing/reviving any who get dropped. If the enemy tries to just sit underneath the flag(which I don't really think can work, the team can talk to each other and the SF watching the stairs would go downstairs and take 'em out while the CM goes and covers the stairs facing down(least armor-has best protection against troops running up stairs).

It's an unbeatable combination, as long as they concentrate on keeping that flag. There could be another squad member, or two, who could run outside and repair equipment, but the sole focus of the aforementioned squad should be maintaining that flag at all costs. I've found that 99% of the time, whoever controls that flag, wins that round.
Old 22nd November 2005, 06:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBell37
I've found that 99% of the time, whoever controls that flag, wins that round.
Yeah, it's not surprising with the type of vehicles that spawn there. I mean, a tank and attack helicopter are invaluable on a map that is largely infantry oriented. Not to mention the fact that the assets are there. If the enemy controls the spawn nearest your assets, they can keep them down easily.
GreyEyes_Lang is offline   Reply With Quote