TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th July 2012, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11359

Default Battlefield 4 *IN DEV*

Quote:
It seems EA have inadvertently confirmed Battlefield 4 today, with a new pre-order offer appearing on the digital store Origin for the upcoming shooter, Medal of Honor: Warfighter.
SOURCE Medal of Honor: Warfighter Pre-Order Now Available; Battlefield 4 Beta Included - AusGamers.com
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th July 2012, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7433

Yeehaw

BF4 was a forgone conclusion about 2 months after the launch of BF3.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 04:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 14

With this news it looks like they may be going alternate years with their two FPS franchises: Battlefield & Medal of Honor. So one year we will get the latest Medal of Honor game and the next will be Battlefield.

I am curious how they change up the sequel to Battlefield 3. My guess is that the MP will have a new setting (maybe North Korea?) with a few new vehicles. I never played beyond the 2nd level in the single player campaign, so I am not sure where the story left off there, but I imagine they try to improve upon the lessons there.

So basically I doubt much will change. But I will be buying it day one
justin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7433

Yeehaw

Meh, all these games, BF, COD, MOH - all the war based FPSs all feel the same. So boring.

Although perhaps what irks me more is their absurd popularity. Do we really need so many rehashes of the same game every year?

If people stopped buying all this trash developers might start taking risks and innovating a lot more but right now there's absolutely no need for them to risk anything. They have a bunch of people throwing money at them year after year for what is basically the same game they bought last year re-skinned + a few new gimmicks.

I miss the days when developers released "Expansions" 1 year after for like $20, and said expansions usually had more maps/features/campaigns than the original game because they could re-use certain sounds/textures thus they could fit more content on the expansion disc - it was the same as what's happening now, but instead it's a full priced game with maybe 5/6 maps that's stretched out with additional multiplayer DLC that you have to buy because all the other foolish sheep do and without it you get some bastardized fragmented version of the multiplayer experience.

I really hope we don't see the same trend happening in other genres - I'd hate to see 2 different Assassins Creed style games being released every 6 months or so and before we know it the majority of the $$$ in gaming is being sunk into remaking the same games over and over and over.

Last edited by Drac; 2nd August 2012 at 12:23 PM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12251

I'm keen to see what they come up with - but yeah it'll likely be very similar but with a different setting.

I don't really mind the whole DLC thing, so long as it's done right. The issue with games like Oblivion or BF2 is that with one purchase you can get 12months solid gaming out of it - and while that's totally awesome for a consumer, for the dev's it sucks. They're expected to churn out new maps/content for free, with no realistic options of gaining any further income.

The awesome exeption to this is when modding comes into it. Take Battlefield 1942 for example - the mod Desert Combat was so popular it re-launched the game and made DICE/EA a heap more cash. The same is happening with Arma2 and the DayZ mod. Arma2 has shot back to the best-sellers list on Steam and has had more success and popularity than it's original release.

So while I'd prefer to see titles using the mod-based incentive, it's a risky unknown for them that can pay off VERY well, or they can try the DLC path.
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 25

Sleepy

Already have game ordered and paid for
Farcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Division Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 1930

Hot

Drac, one thing that keeps their new rehashes going is competitive gaming, much like Magic: The Gathering. You have to buy the latest and greatest to be in the big competitions.
Thymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 11:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 67

Aggressive

Been playing BF4 since TOG started offering my services is there a group/clan going for it yet? TS?
SumDumGai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
BF4 Get Smashed
Deadly - Post: 1351 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDumGai View Post
Been playing BF4 since TOG started offering my services is there a group/clan going for it yet? TS?
Yes, there's a Battlefield 4 sub forum within the Battlefield division, so come on down and say hello.

__________________________________________________ ________________
Sunday Punchers ... KDR is just a 4 letter word
POSCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 06:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Battlefield 4 best game ever