The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Backlog forever growing.. (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/463178-backlog-forever-growing.html)

ColdCamV 30th October 2012 08:26 PM

Backlog forever growing..

So as the title states, this Is all about backlogs, or to be more specific games you have brought with the idea of playing through them and then putting them on the shelf for something else and just never getting back to it.

I feel my backlog spiked massively after the steam summer sale in which steam essentially tied me down and went on a binge with my debit card, my library of a handful of games with which to play exploded into more games then I can say I've ever owned in my life!

Before going on holiday for the past month I installed several games with the express purpose of on free time playing through them to knock them off my list. Whilst on holiday I got my fair share out of FTL: Faster Than Light as well as Fallout:New Vegas. I started Saints Row:The Third and Black Mesa but these two only got so far as a few hours before other things arose.

Upon my return home from holiday my brother had brought me two games because he was feeling generous, first being Borderlands 2 and second being the complete Total War series. While the gesture was well recpriocated I watched my library tip into the 100+ games list.

At the moment I still have several games installed I need to get around to beating before really starting more. Fallout:New Vegas is a few hours shy of completion, a few friends have recently become reinterested in ArmA II, Both Mechwarrior Online and Hawken are vying for my attention in their beta's and Planetside 2 is waiting to be started.

I know I'm not the only one in this situation so I want to hear, who else has a game they've told themselves their gonna play and then never got around to it? Do you have a game you started and enjoyed then left it to play with other friends? I want to hear about it.

Cheers,
ColdCamV

SJ777 31st October 2012 12:22 AM

we are spoiled for choice - i have a reasonable list of steam games i have not yet played. Much like my dad, who said he would read all those Nat Geographis he was hording, during his retirement, i suspect I will play my games I've been hording during my retirement:D

PS - Dad ended up mainly playing PC games during his retirement ;):p

ColdCamV 31st October 2012 12:22 PM

Haha your dad is an awesome man :)

I still find my dad now even though he says the main thing he wants to so when he retires is sit back and read his books I still find him every now and then pulling out the old PS2 and playing V8 Supercars Australia 2 in his study trying I beat his lap records

Deranger 4th November 2012 08:13 PM

I still have very few games (Didn't get sucked into the Steam sale as I knew it could be dangerous) but I have had a similar problem.

My tipple at the moment is DayZ in all it's recent manifestations, but pulling me from one game to the next are the betas of Planetside 2, MWO and Hawken. I need to find a single player game that keeps me interested (and can play on my dated PC system) as there are drawbacks to just trying out the multiplayers.

So at least I don't have a huge backlog of games to try out burning a hole in my hard disk.

My Dad hit 70 this year, still spends time on his PS2 with Gran Turismo (using one of them car seat setups with steering wheel and pedals) in spite of my Mums annoyance :). It's down to him that I have such a thing for computers, ever since his first Vic-20 back in 1980 (Though I was only 1 at that point).

ColdCamV 4th November 2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deranger (Post 3697801)
My tipple at the moment is DayZ in all it's recent manifestations, but pulling me from one game to the next are the betas of Planetside 2, MWO and Hawken. I need to find a single player game that keeps me interested (and can play on my dated PC system) as there are drawbacks to just trying out the multiplayers.

I completely agree, I even paid for that Founders thing for Planetside 2 because I told myself I would play it as it looks like it would be heaps of fun seeing the fun I had in Planetside originally, and yet, as I sit here writing this word for word it still sits in my downloads section, not installed, just sitting there waiting. I had planned to install it on Friday and yet I found myself stalking the hills of Chenarus looking for a damn sniper and a machine gunner who killed two friends and blew up my favourite GAZ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deranger (Post 3697801)
My Dad hit 70 this year, still spends time on his PS2 with Gran Turismo (using one of them car seat setups with steering wheel and pedals) in spite of my Mums annoyance :). It's down to him that I have such a thing for computers, ever since his first Vic-20 back in 1980 (Though I was only 1 at that point).

Another story of older gamers still doing things they love, I envy his car set up as when I finally get my own place I wish to set up a gaming lounge with one of my own.

To your dad he is a great man and we thank him for bringing Deranger a love of computers..and we hope he upgrades his one soon :p