Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th February 2013, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3309

Fine
Default Someone getting Dead Space 3 (PC) ?

I'm still waiting for my key, which should be delivered around the 9th or 10th.

If someone is interested in some Coop later on, then just add me:

Origin-ID: TOG-TONSCHUH

STEAM-ID: TOG | TONSCHUH || ORIGIN-ID: TOG-TONSCHUH
DIABLO-3-BattleTag: SKOLOPENDER#1521 (ASIA + AMERICAS | OZ)
Main-D3-RoS-Char: BoneCrusher
My Rig
TONSCHUH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th February 2013, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Fine

The Game is quite enjoyable and there are already plenty Extra-Packs out for purchase and you can pre-order the DLC as well.

My Rig
Old 10th February 2013, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1422

Angelic

The first game was intense with the lack of ammo and the scare tactics (which worked on me). From what I hear the latest version is more a shooter and therefore dumbed down for the masses. True or not?
Draadnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draadnor View Post
The first game was intense with the lack of ammo and the scare tactics (which worked on me). From what I hear the latest version is more a shooter and therefore dumbed down for the masses. True or not?
DS1 and DS2 played in a much darker environment and gave me plenty times half a heart attack. There was not really much to puzzle and you did mainly kill / shoot your enemies.

DS3 is playing not in such a dark environment, as far I can tell yet, because I'm only up to Chapter-5 so far, but there are still a few shocking moments and the soundtrack keeps you still in an alerted state.

In DS3 you still have to mainly shoot / kill the enemies and I had already one puzzle which was similar then the one in DS2.

The game-play is quite interesting, as you have again mission parts in the outer space or have to solve things with your kinetic abilities or you have action parts where you have to solve things in a certain time window, as you have only limited oxygen supply or you have really heavy action orientated parts, where you have to shoot debris, fly in outer space and catch up with another character to save him. Another mission part is playing in a driving train as an example and has a time window as well.

There are always parts in the game where you do something actively and then there is straight without a break like a movie part which tells you another part of the story or brings the storyline further ahead.

Another nice new thing is the weapon crafting system, which gives you really heaps of different possibilities to craft different weapons, save the plan of it and let you share it with friends.

There are plenty things to collect, like weapon parts, ammo, medi packs, crafting material, artefacts etc.pp.

The graphic is still quite good and I had no problems with bugs so far.

You are able to play the game with mouse + keyboard or with the XBox-Controller.

It took me a bit to adjust again to the different view in the game, but the game is playable with mouse + keyboard.

All in all it's not as scary as the previous parts, but I still like it so far.

Didn't try the CooP-Mode yet, as I have no play-mate yet, but it seems to be not too bad as well if you google around a bit.

My Rig
Old 11th February 2013, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 577

Cynical
Default My Review - 8 out of 10

Just finished my first playthrough on the 2nd of 4 settings, normal. It took 50-60 hours I would guess. I tend to go opposite the way the "Objective Locator" points, which quite often leads to interesting loot and side missions.

Very good story. (Sub Plot is a bit on the Cro-Magnon side though) Very good GFX. Very easy on the cpu. I'm running an old intel Q6700 quad core with a GTX550TI and ran the game on the highest settings smoothly and it looked great. Notice in the very beginning the guys face turning redder the longer it is exposed to the cold.

Weapon customization is excellent. Your not limited to blueprints, you can mix and match pretty much anything you like and customize your weapon to your playstyle. I rarely found a need for using the 2nd weapon I carried but when I did, it was required to continue.

I found the controls crude and sluggish. Although you can crouch, sprint, and roll, you can't fire while doing so. If your hiding behind a corner, you must expose yourself fully to enemies to fire upon them. If you fire your secondary mode on your weapon, the primary will not fire until the secondary has finished reloading and these both share CD with stasis and kinesis.

The scariest moments weren't when I'd open a door and find a monster in my face but those times of panic when you have to quickly figure out what it is your supposed to be doing.

Overall, it's a pretty good game.
Old 11th February 2013, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
Just finished my first playthrough on the 2nd of 4 settings, normal. It took 50-60 hours I would guess. I tend to go opposite the way the "Objective Locator" points, which quite often leads to interesting loot and side missions.

Very good story. (Sub Plot is a bit on the Cro-Magnon side though) Very good GFX. Very easy on the cpu. I'm running an old intel Q6700 quad core with a GTX550TI and ran the game on the highest settings smoothly and it looked great. Notice in the very beginning the guys face turning redder the longer it is exposed to the cold.

Weapon customization is excellent. Your not limited to blueprints, you can mix and match pretty much anything you like and customize your weapon to your playstyle. I rarely found a need for using the 2nd weapon I carried but when I did, it was required to continue.

I found the controls crude and sluggish. Although you can crouch, sprint, and roll, you can't fire while doing so. If your hiding behind a corner, you must expose yourself fully to enemies to fire upon them. If you fire your secondary mode on your weapon, the primary will not fire until the secondary has finished reloading and these both share CD with stasis and kinesis.

The scariest moments weren't when I'd open a door and find a monster in my face but those times of panic when you have to quickly figure out what it is your supposed to be doing.

Overall, it's a pretty good game.
What I like too, even that I didn't try it yet, that you are able to go back to a chapter to search for missed parts or missed side-missions and then you have the Game+ - Mode where you can go back to the beginning, without loosing your gear etc., but I didn't try this either.

My Rig
Old 12th February 2013, 06:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 577

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONSCHUH View Post
What I like too, even that I didn't try it yet, that you are able to go back to a chapter to search for missed parts or missed side-missions and then you have the Game+ - Mode where you can go back to the beginning, without loosing your gear etc., but I didn't try this either.

Aye, that's were I'm at now. I'm using a Suspended Ripper with Hydraulic Hammer, both with stasis attachtments as my primary weapon now.

CH 4. There's alot to discover in space now that you have the air to explore. You can shoot the yellow O2 doors to get the tanks out too.
Old 12th February 2013, 07:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
Aye, that's were I'm at now. I'm using a Suspended Ripper with Hydraulic Hammer, both with stasis attachtments as my primary weapon now.

CH 4. There's alot to discover in space now that you have the air to explore. You can shoot the yellow O2 doors to get the tanks out too.
Thanks for the tip's ! Will have to go back later on. There must be a side-mission on a different space-ship as well.

My Rig