Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th March 2013, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1538

Fine
Default Star Conflict

Hi folks,

Just a quick heads up - I've had a bit of a go at the Star Conflict beta. Good fun MMO star-fighter shooter, with an interesting angle on faction affiliations and tech tree upgrades. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's a "freemium" game - i.e. Free to Play but if you're a supporter in beta you get some extra perks, ship unlocks (once you've broken through to the appropriate point in the tech tree).

Interface wise - it's a bit like MechWarrior Online - especially in the map formats and the hangar layout. There's a respawn mechanic if you're playing in "Arcade" mode, and it's more like MWO's "once you're dead, you're spectating" in the "Regular" mode. There's also some scenarios that could be worth a look but these seem to need organized squads.

There's also a corporation facility where you can set up your clans/guilds/corps for organized (presumably scenario-based) play. If anyone would be interested in teaming up with me to set up a corp for TOG, let me know. It's available through Steam, so if there's only a couple of us I'd be happy to do some squad play via Steam Chat if necessary. Feel free to add me on Steam if you're interested in taking a look.

Cheers
PS: Props to Enigma for the awesome sig. Thanks mate!
Metalstorm1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11th March 2013, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2350

Cynical

Ooooh. So many games, so little time!

Expect me. Just not immediately =) I have to get back onto MWO and check out the progress there for a bit.

- OJ
OranjeJus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1266

Dead

So how does it play?

Is it like Wing-Commander, cockpit first person shooter?

Is it like Freelancer, third person, out of ship shooter?

Or like Homeworld/EVE, where you give your ship orders and sit back and watch the AI screw up your commands?
Old 13th March 2013, 02:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1538

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
So how does it play?

Is it like Wing-Commander, cockpit first person shooter?

Is it like Freelancer, third person, out of ship shooter?

Or like Homeworld/EVE, where you give your ship orders and sit back and watch the AI screw up your commands?
More like Freelancer. The HUD is similar to the one in MechWarrior Online in chase view.

I like the game-play - exciting, but also challenging.
PS: Props to Enigma for the awesome sig. Thanks mate!
Metalstorm1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 08:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 30

I've been playing a bit and enjoying it. Feel free to ping me if you see me online.

Krob
Krob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 293

Fine

Go Empire.
Search your feelings, you know you want to.
I think there is a few Toggers playing this at the moment.
Might want to start a corporation in-game soon.
Add me in-game 'Jeimuzu', same as War Thunder.

-Just had a look.
It costs 3,000 Standards to start a corporation.

Last edited by Jeimuzu; 2nd June 2013 at 09:20 AM.
Jeimuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Dangerous - Post: 597

Lurking

I started playing it today not bad at all, picked the wrong race though... and with steam it logs in with steam ID so can't go back and fix it or link it to my WarThunder account...

So who actually plays this, and what are you ingame names? I am on vacation and this game is my way of forgetting I can't even buy booze because pay day is after the vacation is over...

Last edited by Zalzany; 7th June 2013 at 09:54 AM.
Zalzany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Dangerous - Post: 597

Lurking

Hate double posting but this needs a bomb, would be awesome to get t2 PVE farm going in game, puging is not really that great an option and I would rather make 100k from pve and 200 rep then keep unlocking more ships I can't afford with arcade lol

And for those who haven't tried it, its like world of tanks, meets war thunder, with a pinch of warframe in it. You can do pvp, it has arcade and realism modes for pvp. It has PVE where you do 4 man missions for a really good amount of credits, but the catch is its like a heroic dungeon in an RPG, its not something you want to pug with out some nice ships, but the rewards are nice. Of course if you loose just like a WoW heroic, you get nothing but a repair bill for your time.

Oh and I got to use my War Thunder account, so I am TOGZalzany

Last edited by Zalzany; 9th June 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Zalzany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 379

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalzany View Post
Hate double posting but this needs a bomb, would be awesome to get t2 PVE farm going in game, puging is not really that great an option and I would rather make 100k from pve and 200 rep then keep unlocking more ships I can't afford with arcade lol

And for those who haven't tried it, its like world of tanks, meets war thunder, with a pinch of warframe in it. You can do pvp, it has arcade and realism modes for pvp. It has PVE where you do 4 man missions for a really good amount of credits, but the catch is its like a heroic dungeon in an RPG, its not something you want to pug with out some nice ships, but the rewards are nice. Of course if you loose just like a WoW heroic, you get nothing but a repair bill for your time.

Oh and I got to use my War Thunder account, so I am TOGZalzany
Still playing?

Anyone?
AvatarICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote