The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Shooter Games: The Range (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/)
-   -   Bioshock Infinite (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/shooter-games-range/486195-bioshock-infinite.html)

rubicon 28th March 2013 04:15 PM

Bioshock Infinite

It's rather ****ing good.

That will be all.

Sorontar 28th March 2013 11:03 PM

And I was hoping you would say it was better than good. Oh well

:)

Sorontar

brian 29th March 2013 01:15 AM

I am enjoying it a great deal ...

dday_0612 29th March 2013 05:11 AM

Yea, it is really great. I am slowly playing my way through the storyline, I haven't had a ton of time to invest, but it is really quite a game. The story is tremendous.

I would suggest it to anyone.

Ned 31st March 2013 09:52 AM

Comparisons to the first two Bioshock games ?

LavaCaverns 31st March 2013 08:34 PM

I am enjoying it but i feel i spent more time during the first 2 games per playthru
I have just passed 13hrs and i have nearly completed it.
I swear i spent almost dbl the time during either one or two.

Its just me, time spent playing = better game.
I feel im getting abit let down and caught up in the hype atm. I just dont feel the urge to play and keep playing till done as i do with the first 2

Anyway rant over :p

white_bear_84 9th April 2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorontar (Post 3801880)
And I was hoping you would say it was better than good.

Pretty sure that AMAZING hits the spot quite well! Really immersive storyline, amazingly crafted game world with beautiful graphics and all the fun of Bioshock! Addition of skyhooks adds and even greater element of fun as the battles are more fast paced and varied! And ouch can those Mr Handymen hurt!!!

Bloodwrych 9th April 2013 02:06 PM

Really enjoyed playing Infinite. Being a bit of a Completionist I was sticking my nose into everywhere I could find (I missed some obviously) so it took me a while to complete it.

Nice to see the amount of effort they put into her AI. Stupid me didnt even realise you could view thru the telescopes until after i finished lol

regards,
B

Asmodai 9th April 2013 02:27 PM

The shooter part of the experience is a bit meh to be honest, but that shouldn't hold anyone back from playing it because the storyline is fantastic. =)

Although to be fair (*MINOR SPOILER INCOMING*), the inevitability of the plotline kinda cheesed me off particularly when you start slipping between worlds as an unwitting passenger more than a participant

Kinda like those games where your character would either ignore something blatantly obvious for the sake of the big *surprise* moment (ie. the player sees "it" coming a mile away whereas the character remains frustratingly ignorant) or where you're offered a choice that almost no logical person would take (the bad ending of Far Cry 3 comes to mind where you are expected to slaughter the people you just sacrificed your humanity and sanity to save). I like to feel involved in the narrative, like your choices actually matter even if the outcome is inevitable, rather than superfluous to it.

I wouldn't ever bother with DLC though, the game and story are completed at the moment and going back to fill in a little blank here and there just makes no sense to me.

Nejad 11th April 2013 05:24 PM

I'm not usually an FPS person, but something about this game interested me and I decided to pick it up. So far, I love it and would highly recommend it.

:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: